July 2018 Acquisitions

Let's sum up this expensive month then...

• Oneblade Core V2.0, arrived today. Surprisingly hefty razor and feels well made. With thanks to @The Geordie Shaver.
• APR The Santal set. No prizes for guessing where I got this (thanks again @Sid James). Again, one I'm seriously looking forward to trying. Having bought the EdP prior to the rest of the set, I knew exactly what I was getting. Smells the bogs dollocks, not going to lie.
• OSP Bay Rum A/s through a trade. No doubt will match well with my OSP Bay Rum soap (duh)...
• Xerjoff More Than Words. Bought at a bargain price (en route as of tomorrow), old-style bottle for those who care, sealed.
• Xerjoff Alexandria Imperiale. Bought at a bargain price (relatively) as it's unboxed but unused. Very looking forward to this one.
• Le Couvent des Minimes EdC. Beautiful(ly inexpensive), EdT-performing, vanillic-oriental fragrance. Bought for my better half but I promised her I'd steal some.
• 15mL of Ensar Oud No.1 EdP. Not much to find on this online, currently. It's got much oud which is wonderfully spiced and round. Comes across with a certain castoreum/heavy leather feel and performance is strong on this, especially over the first six hours. I'm finding this one dangerously addictive.
• A number of fragrance samples including Parfums de Nicolai New York Intense. Along a similar vein to Dior's Eau Sauvage Parfum. Serious legs on this one and a beautiful feel to it. It's an expensive bottle purchase but can be bought at 30mL... which may have to happen at some point. Some Oud oil samples and a Rose-oud oil sample. Miller Harris Rose Silence sample (10mL) was purchased for my better half. A great purchase as it smells fantastic on her. I'll no doubt treat her to a bottle of it soon.

And that ladies and gentlemen is how to live while temporarily mortgage-free. Talk about making the most of it... :oops:

Let's sum up this expensive month then...

• Oneblade Core V2.0, arrived today. Surprisingly hefty razor and feels well made. With thanks to @The Geordie Shaver.
• APR The Santal set. No prizes for guessing where I got this (thanks again @Sid James). Again, one I'm seriously looking forward to trying. Having bought the EdP prior to the rest of the set, I knew exactly what I was getting. Smells the bogs dollocks, not going to lie.
• OSP Bay Rum A/s through a trade. No doubt will match well with my OSP Bay Rum soap (duh)...
• Xerjoff More Than Words. Bought at a bargain price (en route as of tomorrow), old-style bottle for those who care, sealed.
• Xerjoff Alexandria Imperiale. Bought at a bargain price (relatively) as it's unboxed but unused. Very looking forward to this one.
• Le Couvent des Minimes EdC. Beautiful(ly inexpensive), EdT-performing, vanillic-oriental fragrance. Bought for my better half but I promised her I'd steal some.
• 15mL of Ensar Oud No.1 EdP. Not much to find on this online, currently. It's got much oud which is wonderfully spiced and round. Comes across with a certain castoreum/heavy leather feel and performance is strong on this, especially over the first six hours. I'm finding this one dangerously addictive.
• A number of fragrance samples including Parfums de Nicolai New York Intense. Along a similar vein to Dior's Eau Sauvage Parfum. Serious legs on this one and a beautiful feel to it. It's an expensive bottle purchase but can be bought at 30mL... which may have to happen at some point. Some Oud oil samples and a Rose-oud oil sample. Miller Harris Rose Silence sample (10mL) was purchased for my better half. A great purchase as it smells fantastic on her. I'll no doubt treat her to a bottle of it soon.

And that ladies and gentlemen is how to live while temporarily mortgage-free. Talk about making the most of it... :oops:

Not bad going my friend.

I've had a mad one myself this month. I'm not even contemplating adding up my expenditures this month.:oops:
It's gotten silly TBH. I've jokingly mentioned I'm going to do a ‘'No Buy August”. Let's see how long I last?:rolleyes:

Not bad going my friend.

I've had a mad one myself this month. I'm not even contemplating adding up my expenditures this month.:oops:
It's gotten silly TBH. I've jokingly mentioned I'm going to do a ‘'No Buy August”. Let's see how long I last?:rolleyes:
Go team! Between us, we're keeping the fragrance and wet shaving communities afloat! :D

Worst bit is I've seen a few things already that I want next month... I might see how I go towards the end of the month.

P.s. I'd wager 9 days.

Go team! Between us, we're keeping the fragrance and wet shaving communities afloat! :D

Worst bit is I've seen a few things already that I want next month... I might see how I go towards the end of the month.

P.s. I'd wager 9 days.

Yeah there's always a few things you want, always is in this game. I'm really going to try and give it a go. I'm on the look out for a Declaration Brush so if one comes up I'll have to buckle.:rolleyes:

Mail Call:- from the Stray Whisker, another fantastic sexy soap, I can smell straight from the tub which are, sweet tobacco leaf, tonka bean, maybe ginger, something spicy in the background and I'm not 100% sure there could be cocoa as well.

IMG_0356.jpg

Cheers Rob. Is my memory failing me, or do you have a similar brush (or am I getting mixed up with a Paladin)?

I haven't got a brush similar to yours, no. I do have a Brad Sears DFS forum limited edition brush and it's a stunner.
Is it a Lee Sabini knot? Please let me know how you get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom