Jura coffee machines

You guys know your coffee.
So, does anyone have any experience with Jura coffee machines?

I was out shopping yesterday and saw one as an ex demo that was seriously reduced, and yet seriously expensive still.
It's this one
http://www.coffeeitalia.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=jura_impresa_j9_onetouch

And as an ex demo was down at an eye watering £450.
But I can't see past the reduction of over £1000.

I guess I want to know how many people here say "£450 on a coffee machine? Are you mad?" versus how many people say "you walked away from a £450 Jura? Are you mad?"
Then I might go and buy it.

Never mind the £1000 reduction! What do you want the machine for? Are you an espresso drinker already - a serious home drinker? Were you shopping for a coffee machine? Do you have a less expensive one at home already?

Unless you are a serious coffee head, it'd be £450 wasted once the novelty wears off and not £1000 saved.

Then the tech bit. Why didn't they reduce it by £500? Something wrong with it? If it's a good deal, it's gone by now, anyway!

I payed about £300 for mine which is an older lesser model (F7). Bean to cup machines have their limitations but Jura do make some of the best so comparatively it's not really that much to spend.

It was reduced to 999, then 749 before the 449.
It's fully warranted for 25 months.
It was still there at closing time yesterday.
And I drink espresso, but get frustrated with the grinding and cleaning, which this does for you.

B to C's aren't the best for pure espresso's...usually they can't grind fine enough or tamp hard enough so a 20 second shot is under extracted, with the right beans you can get okay results for a milk based drink. It's an ex demo machine, get them to demo it with your beans.

antdad said:
B to C's aren't the best for pure espresso's...usually they can't grind fine enough or tamp hard enough so a 20 second shot is under extracted, with the right beans you can get okay results for a milk based drink. It's an ex demo machine, get them to demo it with your beans.

Great info, thanks.

I've got a S9. Great machine but total overkill for home machine. Still depends what beans you use at the end if the day

I am covinved the thing is run by pixies and magic dust - cant believe all that cleaning, grinding, rinsing and steaming goes on inside such a small space

I got a c50 in November and I think it's fantastic. If you buy good beans you'll get very good coffee out of it. If you go onto the coffee forums they'll tell you that you have to grind, tamp and weigh everything by hand to be able to even call it coffee. Anything automated is just muck. Don't listen, you can get very good coffee from a superauto, with minimal effort. Perhaps you could get better coffee doing it by hand, but the convenience outweighs the potential gain in quality for me.

Bean to cups have their place - they are convenient. However, if you're an espresso drinker, moreso than other coffee drinks, you may well be disappointed - great advice from Tony to get them to grind some of your beans for a demo. Barista made coffee is flaffy, agreed, but for the same price you'll get a Gaggia Classic and a decent grinder - an espresso from that combo may change your mind about a bean to cup. Think of it as the convenience of cartridges against the effort required for DE/SE/Straight shaving.

Whichever you get - enjoy your coffee!

Back
Top Bottom