Just a thought...

...but as a large chunk of raffle proceedings go to TSR, and in turn to a charity, how about buying one weekly raffle lottery ticket from the proceedings with any winnings going to the designated charity, in a kinda syndicate style?

A poll could be run for favorourite numbers prior to to decided the ticket numbers? And/or perhaps add an option onto the monthly raffle for 2nd/3rd to nominate this months winnings?

Just a thought guys, you gotta be in it to win it, and charity always deserves to win :)

Last edited:
Raffle proceedings go to TSR. Boab says he uses them to help finance the forum and sometimes makes a donation to the TSR charity.

The large chunk going to TSR has been limited to or set at one third the value of the prize after some members said they thought the chunk had become too large.

You suggest buying a weekly ticket in a monthly raffle. How does that work, please?

I don't understand, "add an option onto the monthly raffle for 2nd/3rd to nominate this months winnings?"

A poll for a favourite number is very cumbersome, is it not? How about last month's winner nominates his choice of number for this month?

I'm wondering how the guys might feel about seeing the prize money disappear into a good cause instead of materialising as a razor, brush or whatever.

With lower value prizes/tickets the cost of a ticket for charity could be easily, all but imperceptibly, added to ticket prices.

Why don't you test your idea in a poll. Alex?

Raffle proceedings go to TSR. Boab says he uses them to help finance the forum and sometimes makes a donation to the TSR charity.

The large chunk going to TSR has been limited to or set at one third the value of the prize after some members said they thought the chunk had become too large.

Looking at the TSR chunk taken monthly for the website, it seems it would be feasable to be able to deduct the weekly cost of a national lottery ticket on monthly basis.

You suggest buying a weekly ticket in a monthly raffle. How does that work, please?

See above, whatever money needed for the monthly cost of the ticket would be deducted from the monthly 'chunk' going to TSR

I don't understand, "add an option onto the monthly raffle for 2nd/3rd to nominate this months winnings?"

draw #1 wins the raffle price
lowest draw #2/3/4 (depending on prices on offer) picks next months charity for example?

A poll for a favourite number is very cumbersome, is it not?

its a one off, regular raffle members pick this once, we could revise every 6 months?

I'm wondering how the guys might feel about seeing the prize money disappear into a good cause instead of materialising as a razor, brush or whatever.
its peanuts, not the total amount. Of anyone complains about money going to charity they can always NOT buy a ticket??

With lower value prizes/tickets the cost of a ticket for charity could be easily, all but imperceptibly, added to ticket prices.
All in all i think a weekly ticket can easily be covered by the money put out.

Why don't you test your idea in a poll. Alex?

It's more complicated than what we have now. All I'm saying.
What if the prize is five already existing razors like in the June raffle and a charity ticket wins one of them? Does the razor go to charity? Does it get sold on ebay and the proceeds go to the charity?
I'm concerned that this is not workable, but that's for Carl to decide.
And thanks for volunteering...

Andreas

What happens if the prize is a special edition brush/razor/whatever that we committed to buy as prize? I can see that happen...
I'm not trying to be awkward, just trying to think things through...

Ooh! I see trouble ahead! Let's say the charity Lottery ticket wins a triple roll-over worth squillions ...

I find myself simultaneously liking the idea and being afraid of possible consequences! So much so that I'd need a poll result to guide me/us on this, Alex. A simple yes/no poll would do it - posted.

Hi Alex, Carl's forte, so your in good hands. Is this what your proposing?

Raffle takings = x
Boabs TSR maintenance = y
Prize cost = z
Chosen charity = c

Therfore for each raffle the charity fund will be:

C= x - (y + z)

Where the winner of the raffle chooses the charity donation?

On the right lines? Or do we buy a single lottery ticket from the remainder of funds, as noted before Boab does give certain quantities to charity.

Last edited:
If this goes ahead, I guess Carl would buy the lottery ticket. There would need to be a binding, witnessed contract to hand the winnings over to charity (while there is no doubt that Carl would do so, there still needs to be a contract) and I suspect that this would need to be re-done for every change of charitable recipient. Might turn out to be a huge PITA for Carl.

Back
Top Bottom