Just a thought...

I have no idea how honest I am with somebody else's £squillions sitting in an account I own. I think walking on two sticks may persuade me not to 'run' away!

The more I think about this, the more I come down on the 'No' side of the fence as regards including it as part of the raffle. It could be operated as a separate entity, though. See what the poll reveals. Edit: Sweet FA at the moment.

Personally I trust Carl. Only problem that I can see is that if the Ticket won, there would be the issues of Taxes. Not sure now that would be resolved. Then again we'd only have one chance in a billion of winning. Why worry now!

Personally I trust Carl. Only problem that I can see is that if the Ticket won, there would be the issues of Taxes. Not sure now that would be resolved. Then again we'd only have one chance in a billion of winning. Why worry now!
Eeek. I hope I didn't imply for one second that I didn't trust Carl! I most definitely do.

The need for a contract is not based on trust or the lack thereof, it is to regularise everyone's position and to deal with issues such as ticket sales to member and what rights over winnings are, and are not conferred, by being a person who part-funded the ticket purchase. Lottery winnings are tax-free to individuals who may then choose to donate as they please.

Syndicates are bad enough! A contract to donate, where ticket funding can come from a variable number of people, sound like a nightmare.

It's a tax free prize. You gotta look at best and worst case scenarios - win squillions and win nothing.

Thank you for your vote of confidence, Johnus. Interesting question, though - at what point between zero and squillions might one be tempted into dishonesty and at what point might one act? Would I be able to take my cats on the run with me? They're both asleep on my bed at the moment, digesting supper. Brazil is too hot for long periods of the year.

No such inference taken globalm!

Would anyone here recognise a legally binding contract even if they were slapped around the face with one? I suspect it would take many dolleros or spondoolicks to have one drawn up - and there goes the plan.

A note on each donation via PayPal saying that the contributor "donates all and any winnings to charity and relinquishes any claim whatsoever" might do the trick. Until squillions get involved and lawyers appear from nowhere, anyway.

I suppose a TSR Syndicate might work, say, 50% of winnings going to charity. Same members, a couple of quid a month - isn't that what a Lottery ticket costs? We'd need multiples of 4.333333, so groups of three.

It's a tax free prize. You gotta look at best and worst case scenarios - win squillions and win nothing.

Thank you for your vote of confidence, Johnus. Interesting question, though - at what point between zero and squillions might one be tempted into dishonesty and at what point might one act? Would I be able to take my cats on the run with me? They're both asleep on my bed at the moment, digesting supper. Brazil is too hot for long periods of the year.
Brilliant! Cats on the run, one under each arm with a snuff covered nose, renegade :)

SOTD would be interesting, pictures of a shaving set up on the back of a Mustang in Cancun AK-47 either side and a couple of cats, number 30 brush and part of your roof for memory sake :)

The Syndicate I like it. Sequel: the weberator

We could have a poll as to what you do daily with the money ;)

Back
Top Bottom