Just joined

geezer said:
Stopping by to say hello. Not got a good DE yet only just started using a Wilkington Sword cheapy one from Boots but formulating a plan of action with eye on Muhle R89 and Bodyshop brush and maybe Maccaroot cream or TOBs avocado cream.

:icon_smile:

Hi don't worry to much its only pratice I think you will get lots of tips and advice in here glad you looked in:)

Thanks.

Funny how things change so fast after a fruitless hunt for a Boots' own brand 5 blade system and then noticed a Wilkinson Sword DE razor... now have a Merkur HD 34C etc - it's like turning from the dark side :) ...

geezer said:
Thanks.

Funny how things change so fast after a fruitless hunt for a Boots' own brand 5 blade system and then noticed a Wilkinson Sword DE razor... now have a Merkur HD 34C etc - it's like turning from the dark side :) ...
For you the worm has turned my friend just wait untill you get a vintage razor fetish and then you will start to discover how things were made back in the good old days go to you tube and check out gofatboy he like many of us love em to bits good luck.

:D - have watched some of his and mantic's videos - but feel a bit odd watching someone shaving especially when someone walks in the room :icon_lol: End up dreaming about shaving!

geezer said:
:D - have watched some of his and mantic's videos - but feel a bit odd watching someone shaving especially when someone walks in the room :icon_lol: End up dreaming about shaving!

Yes it gets a little odd even a little creepy but learning is what learning is, we've got nothing to hide apart from the love of the old way of shaving, just not used to seeing another man shaving his face that's all:blush: good luck with your personal quest for the perfect shave for your face.

Welcome Geezer

Enjoy the learning curve - I did and still am (if that makes sense!)

John said:
geezer said:

Yes it gets a little odd even a little creepy but learning is what learning is, we've got nothing to hide apart from the love of the old way of shaving, just not used to seeing another man shaving his face that's all:blush: good luck with your personal quest for the perfect shave for your face.

There is something slightly odd about watching another guy shave. The first couple of times it's fine because you're looking to learn but then when you're just trying to get some extra tips you start to feel like a voyeur.

That could just be me! (cringe)

Back
Top Bottom