Just saying hello

Hi guys @ gals, found the link on Neil's site, Thought id join and say hello.

Ive been straight razor shaving for about 6 months, cos im too tight to pay for disposable razors like Gillette's etc,
Having now bought 8 razors and in the process of getting em sharpened (by neil who is quite the gent and rather good at honing razors) i am now staggered at how many gillette type razors i could have bought for the money i have spent/spending.

I find shaving a pleasure with the straights and the choosing of different creams, soaps, balms, colognes is fab.

Well thats me done for now,

Hi there Bambi and welcome to TSR! :D Yeah, Neil sure knows how to pull a razor across a stone, back and forth... He's actually extremely good at it! Much like you I had a good thing going, before I crashed into Neil, only a razor or two for shaving and a couple of saved ones from another time. Yes, I blame Neil for the madness that followed. Now I can't see a straight razor I don't want to have and then shave with ... Well, it keeps me off the streets and that should count for something! :D

Hi Bambi, a warm welcome to you! :)

So you've met Neil then? Sterling chap and the best blade buffer in the business; lovely strops and a highly enticing stock of hones ... damn it. A source of temptation and a purveyor to the workhouse.

And as for that Mikael :icon_rolleyes: There's a story about a guy who rolled into Eskilstuna on a big V-twin motorbike and proceeded to buy every razor in town. Guess who.

Yep, you've got to watch out, else one day you'll come home and realise that every horizontal surface in the house has a few cut throat razors on it and you've got a Wade and Butcher arrow tattooed on the back of your neck.

So, got any pictures? :icon_wink:

Hi there troops, nope never met Neil, just keep sending him duff razors i keep buying off ebay then send em to neil. He hasnt complained too much yet lol, I dont have many top notch razors, my faves are a flatters and garnett nr wedge ( lovely), A nice art deco type, and a kropp, these two are the next to head to neil, when i get my other too returned. my wedge came from steve at insvisible edge.
when i work out how to post photos and get a little time i will post some photis. I must say my blades are nothing special,

Canuck said:
Nice to see you here, brave man doing all that straight stuff! Give a DE a try some time, you might like it.

Welcome to TSR.

Hi Canuck, I Have a 1955 Gillette speed change ( twist the bottom and the butterfly top opens) That i use in the winter when i grow a beard, I used a DE for several yrs. Kinda thought id try something a little different.

Back
Top Bottom