Kai Captain Titan Mild (PINK) / Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG SE blades

So I've got my ATT SE1 arriving soon and will be using my feather pro blades that I have already for my ACR however I've been thinking of getting some of the Kai blades too and have heard good things about the Titan Mild PINK blade but I see now that they also do a Titan Mild Protouch blade. From their site it appears that it's essentially the Titan Mild PINK but with a stainless steel guard on it.

is this correct and those who have experience with both which is the preferred blade?
also will the Protouch MG version actually fit in the ATT SE1 razor due to the guard?

I received my ATT SE1 last week and bought the Kai titan mild pinks . These are the only artist club type blades I have tried in the SE1 so far.
I find the blades to be very good providing a smooth and efficient shave.I will get the feather pro next to see how they compare , but I am very happy with the Kai mild pinks.
Hope you enjoy your new SE1, I certainly do !

If you need a gentle, yet effective blade, give Feather Softguards a go. I would now use nothing else!
Thats very interesting, perhaps you might be able to give me some pointers ?
I am completely new to SE safety razor shaving and I recently acquired a mongoose and tried a Feather Softguard in it, but shortly after starting the shave I had to change the blade for a Kai Captain because the Feather was dragging really badly !
Do you think that I might have been doing something incorrectly, for example is there a right and wrong way to insert the blade ? Sorry if this might be a stupid question, but I am always open to learning new techniques !

I type this without reminding myself what I have said before!

I may have said that I don't have a very tough beard, although it is quick growing. I would imagine that, if you have a tough beard, the blade may not be enough for you.

Also, I use a Hawk razor which I have found to be more aggressive than a Mongoose.

Its horses for courses really. What is ideal for me may be rubbish to you.

I found the Kai Captain my second favourite blade, so perhaps your beard just needs something a bit sharper.

I may have said that I don't have a very tough beard, although it is quick growing. I would imagine that, if you have a tough beard, the blade may not be enough for you.

Also, I use a Hawk razor which I have found to be more aggressive than a Mongoose.

I found the Kai Captain my second favourite blade, so perhaps your beard just needs something a bit sharper.
Thanks Paul
I think that your last sentence speaks volumes because with other razors ( DE ) i.e. ATT and a Gilette Black Beauty, I really need a good sharp blade, Feather or Personna to give me a good comfortable shave !

Always a case of ymmv when it comes to blades. The best way to find the right blade is yo try many.

Personally i like feather pro but i have tried many ( super, light , kai mild, schick proline etc )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom