Katana Handle

Gillette Sterling? Cheap enough ... it's a plastic handle, so the weight will be head-heavy.

My preference is for the Windrose Darwin copy. It's a slim handle and I think it suits the Katana. Available from Shavers Delight on eBay.

ACtC-3fvxlBQvqce38n7rC30loAVlXMBEEpF2FB1GybBHqWaDNj4lCzCg_Z7LjjtF6yq6_YWgk-CBsMQRVxRwsEgvhEGCIqW1nyjyNRmj72S3ByC7ogiO_DCqqGU66j3rnzr7wCiBlYF-hDoybG34VvFAYJEmA=w1200

Any recommendations as regards a long handle for a Katana. I find the supplied ones a bit short. Not bothered about weight. Thanks.
You've got to be kidding, it's just a little shy of four freakin' inches! Do you grip it with both hands like a baseball bat???

Drill and tap one of these things, they go all the way to 12 feet.

1620502147651.png

Here's some ideas from the handles that I have ...

ACtC-3e-CBFnO8IvtBHrmQ_bZ-unfsIUarJZbL7thnxkM1-WYkOjtVplk3mnjxA0grzmWBNNVBrkoABuGEV8rrT7retzjeHI2mDs-1PVsAzZmlRUBhG1vRGE-79qkT9UUN-B62h_LI8MgRtxsnopiui9bY36Ww=w1200

The Windrose Darwin is shown. My favourite.

There's a Gillette Sterling plastic handle with metal top and a Lord handle. Alas, the Lord handle doesn't nip up on the Yaqi SE. The Lord head has a much longer thread and the handle bites further down the hole. I think this is because the Lord head is also sold with a plastic open comb insert for hair thinning.

On the Sterling handle, the weight is very head heavy.

ACtC-3eTh6y_LfSLYLies2aA5-8u2lKtRm-HMPggANUluYgM-PRkvMil3IjCE23zznMH6WiG-67Y4jZfXsPhsXxxHJraLYEe7K3HoMGPHRe7y09TiSys5eFP4Yd9L5cbwuZAqCebmv20yBtSm1_jLLxpPBrs3g=w1200

... and a couple of RazoRock handles. The Bulldog and the Radio Knob. Both are slightly narrower at the top, which is aesthetically necessary for the Yaqi SE as the hole/thread is right at the back of the razor.

On either of these handles, the weighting is towards the end of the handle making the head feel light.

Back
Top Bottom