Keep your lather wet! Titan H1.......

Photos are at Google Images - Titan H1.

Did I say not worth the money? Yes, I did! But was I right? Probably not worth as much money but worth spending quite a bit on! Problem is that ATT declare full price on the Customs slip and then Customs have a field day. £118 becomes £148 and odds - and that may be enough to make one think twice.

Anyway, the razor: The machining has been simplified - lots of flat surfaces. The finish is not flat but shows the milling tool cuts all over - not unsightly but not flat smooth on the inner surfaces. Outer surfaces look the part. Handle is a compromise length between short and long, finish is good but knurling not deep enough for my taste.

Put a blade in and you can see can see aggression immediately. I should have put a test blade in - one of the Astras it came with or a 7 o'c green - but I put a Rapira Swede in, instead. This gave me a BBS in two except for my upper lip- and a little bit of soreness - which was gone with a generous slap-it-on of Klarite.

The razor definitely has bite but not too much. With a more gentle blade, I reckon this razor would give close, comfortable shaves day after day. If you like stainless steel and a bit of bite, this is a good razor for you.

The whole thing hefts about right but for me the handle is 10mm short. I find the head sits very nicely on my UFO Kaiser and even better on my Daz Special - we'll see about this later.

Worth the money? Who knows how much £150 is worth to you. I like this razor at £100 tops, not at £150. I see it is on sale at $18.50 less just now (but the ATT page froze my computer twice).

Nice thoughts.

I ordered mine for Xmas yesterday. Shame you got stung for customs, bit of a pain. I ordered from Shaving.ie for around £112. If you like the Facebook page you will get a 10% discount code.

I'm quite looking forward to giving it a go!

The head certainly looks very interesting but the handle looks, well, meh. The Weber handles certainly look much nicer as does the Tradere but a JEC or UFO would be vastly superior IMHO. If it shaves wonderfully then I suppose it doesn't really matter. However, it's an awful lot of money and certainly way too much for me. Still, value and money are all relative to the individual and its good to read your account, Carl. I'll enjoy the expensive shaves through the experience of others.

Back
Top Bottom