Keeping track

Right, how do you chaps keep track of the combination that works for you? I've purchased so many shave related items that i'm getting in a bit of a muddle :oops:

This morning i shaved with a Merkur, Crabtree & Evelyn soap and a Lord blade, now i know last time i used this combination i decided 'Never Again' but yes, i did this morning.

So do you keep track, ie. writing it down or is that taking DE shaving into geekdom?

In theory posting in the weekly SOTD may help, as there one can record observations and products used for each shave.

What I do lately is to keep a log, in an A4 notepad. It's the notepad where I keep all my shaving related notes, like existing inventory and wish list items (in categories: razors / brushes / blades / soaps / etc.) It is particularly useful as you can refer back to it at any time, even if you don't have a computer switched on.

Show more

Show more

Show more

double wow :D

I have not taking it that serious yet and actually I haven't found anything that rely doesn't work for me. The only thin on my black list from all my purchases is some Derby blades but that's it. It seems like i can combine almost everything and get a good result but on the other hand that might be due to not enough experience, I have only been into this for like 8-9 months and I assume you continue to develop and understand what rely works and what doesn't.

I get rid of the stuff that doesn't work.

Well, that's a very simplified form of the method, but I don't keep written note or anything like that.

Ian

I don't really have an enormous amount of "stuff" to swap round, although certainly more than when I came to this forum ! Mostly it's just my usual Mama Bear soap, Muehle brush & nowadays an SE razor, with my Slim DE for a wee change. I can see that altering however after a series of "Greek Artisan" soaps from Sunbury over the past weeks. Oops, forgot the Coates cream I got in December ................well, what do you know, I'm fast accumulating an amount of "stuff" after all !

JohnnyO. :?

N_Architect said:
In theory posting in the weekly SOTD may help, as there one can record observations and products used for each shave.

What I do lately is to keep a log, in an A4 notepad. It's the notepad where I keep all my shaving related notes, like existing inventory and wish list items (in categories: razors / brushes / blades / soaps / etc.) It is particularly useful as you can refer back to it at any time, even if you don't have a computer switched on.

Show more

Show more

Show more

Blimey NA that is a work of art.

Swivel said:
Right, how do you chaps keep track of the combination that works for you? I've purchased so many shave related items that i'm getting in a bit of a muddle :oops:

This morning i shaved with a Merkur, Crabtree & Evelyn soap and a Lord blade, now i know last time i used this combination i decided 'Never Again' but yes, i did this morning.

So do you keep track, ie. writing it down or is that taking DE shaving into geekdom?

Just ask Matron and she will keep you on track - and on the meds.

I no longer bother trying to keep track of what works,i like trying different things each day and seing where it goes,but one thing is for sure,i never forget what doesnt work as i generally have a painful reminder of where it went wrong.

Dave.

all I know if the blade is good..works for about 2 good shaves..though I do prefer a stiffer blade like Gillette Bleue's
When I got my 1st sample pack years ago..I wrote down all the blades down on paper...numbered em 1-5 based on how good they worked..now I have multiple razors that I feel work with 3 good blades I have...Bleues/Russ. Yellows/Dorko Plat

B

Wow Konstantinos!

In a few hundred years archeologists will stumble upon that, they would have a field day, when everybody will be shaving with 91 laser beams, and will probably think, "Wow, they used have to keep track of stuff like that, ON PAPYRUS!

Anyways, you've definitely got more discipline than me, and probably most here, very commendable!

Max

Back
Top Bottom