Kent Infinity Silvertex Synthetic Brush - An Ongoing Review

I have been at Badminton Horse trials for a few days now.....and have had ...litteraly a field trial of the Kent synthetic as it arrived the day I was leaving. An excellent brush for the money and an excellent travel brush which will be part of my normal rotation.

culcreuch said:
I have been at Badminton Horse trials for a few days now.....and have had ...litteraly a field trial of the Kent synthetic as it arrived the day I was leaving. An excellent brush for the money and an excellent travel brush which will be part of my normal rotation.

Excellent. Enjoy!

GDCarrington said:
Excellent. Enjoy!

I certainly did.....The brush is good....but the price point makes it a must have! Its ideal for travel. I am afraid that my boar and badger brushes are feeling a little neglected!

culcreuch said:
GDCarrington said:
Excellent. Enjoy!

I certainly did.....The brush is good....but the price point makes it a must have! Its ideal for travel. I am afraid that my boar and badger brushes are feeling a little neglected!

That is truly the difference with that particular synthetic knot. It is the only synthetic of a Generation 3 class that would resonate with boar users since it seems to be patterned after boar not badger.

I had offered before any boar user a video challenge against my synthetic to prove how wrong I am and how good their boars are. So far no one showed up.

Helveticum said:
I had offered before any boar user a video challenge against my synthetic to prove how wrong I am and how good their boars are. So far no one showed up.

The goal is for each person to find what serves them best in the art of shaving.

Personal preference is not a matter of being wrong or right.

One persons personal preference in what they like to use is their own so why would they be interested in any sort of challenge such as you proposed? They will use and discuss what they enjoy and enjoy their day.

Gairdner said:
GDCarrington said:
The goal is for each person to find what serves them best in the art of shaving.

I am hereby pinching that for my signature, Gary old chap!

Dipesh said:
I'm tempted to stick it all in my sig!

Nice post Gary. I couldn't agree more.

Thanks Gents. Feel free to take that as a signature line. I may do it as well.

GDCarrington said:
Helveticum said:

One persons personal preference in what they like to use is their own so why would they be interested in any sort of challenge such as you proposed? They will use and discuss what they enjoy and enjoy their day.

What is the point of the forums then? What is the point of your posts? Nothing matters then, no point in discussing anything. That's if we follow your logics.
Mine is simple - the purpose of the tool, in this case a shaving brush, is to fulfil a certain task - in this case lathering a soap/cream. To achieve this with a boar brush you are required to invest quadruple amount of effort as opposed to a good badger or synthetic.
Hence, I am entitled to say that one brush is superior to another based on this metrics. And there's no need in going into vague terrains of existentialism. And preferences are a given.
It's really that simple.

Helveticum said:
GDCarrington said:
Helveticum said:

What is the point of the forums then? What is the point of your posts? Nothing matters then, no point in discussing anything. That's if we follow your logics.
Mine is simple - the purpose of the tool, in this case a shaving brush, is to fulfil a certain task - in this case lathering a soap/cream. To achieve this with a boar brush you are required to invest quadruple amount of effort as opposed to a good badger or synthetic.
Hence, I am entitled to say that one brush is superior to another based on this metrics. And there's no need in going into vague terrains of existentialism. And preferences are a given.
It's really that simple.

Discussion is one thing, that is what is done on forums.

Throwing up "challenges" and demanding participants to whip up lather like a boxing match or other competitive sporting activities is something else entirely.

I clearly pointed out that the goal is for each person to find what serves them best in the art of shaving. That means that they will disagree with you, and will go on about their own business and enjoy their day without arcane challenges.

It's really that simple.

Thus pointing it out in those circumstances was absolutely pointless, if you had no agenda except for the fact of pointing in out. And if you think you're entitled to pointing things out to others and throwing opinions around, I am more than so in throwing challenges. Sleep on it.

Back
Top Bottom