Kindle Fault

So I got home from work and browsed the kindle marketplace for some free books.

Downloaded a few and went to use my Kindle.

Stuck on standby screen with a white line running vertically down the right hand side. Bummer. Hard reset, followed by a charge and a hard reset and still no joy.

Less than 2 minutes on the phone to Amazon and there is a new kindle headed my way, Only downside is it's delivered by courier on the 22nd and I'll be working.

Delivery aside, pretty good customer service.

Anyone else had any issues?

andyjreid said:

Stuck on standby screen with a white line running vertically down the right hand side. Bummer. Hard reset, followed by a charge and a hard reset and still no joy.

Less than 2 minutes on the phone to Amazon and there is a new kindle headed my way, Only downside is it's delivered by courier on the 22nd and I'll be working.

thats a real shame, still its really good that amazon was that quick to send out a new one this close to Christmas

I haven't had a problem but have heard of a few people having similar customer service. Can't fault it really.

New Kindle received Friday after a post depot visit. Working fine and now have a perfect size box to send the faulty one back in.

Free return via Yodel with an Amazon RA.

Perfect service.

Well same scenario here loads of lines running both way on my kindle for someone reason and screen saver picture stuck on the rest. mine was bought from tescos but contacted amazon and new one on the way to me as well, as said above great customer service really.

Do you use an Amazon Kindle leather cover?

Some issues with the metal attachments buggering about with electrometronicals.

andyjreid said:

I had exactly the same problem, quick call and a free replacement. Watch your bank account though, they took the money for a new kindle 4 weeks after I received the new one saying they hadn't received the faulty one (they had), the same also happened to a friend, they paid it back immediately but just keep an eye out.

I hadn't received any notice saying that by return had been received so I sent them an email asking whether it had been received at returns. It had and all was well.

Back
Top Bottom