Kindle Freebies

Tip of the Day, pressing Alt+Shift+G will take a screenshot on the kindle and save it in the docs folder.

slash said:
Are the books listed in a file or can you put folders on for users :?: Thinking of getting one for swmbo and me..

You have the option of adding books to a 'collection' so that they will appear in a folder on the Kindle. I find it a bit of a bind to do that manually for all the eBooks I have so I use the Calibre software to automatically put all my eBooks in a collection by author name, although you could just as easily use genre, series or even a custom tag.

Tip: press the menu button whilst reading will display real page numbers.

Terry Ravenscroft has several books on Amazon for the Kindle very cheaply - though will email yo uout PDF file versions of them free if you contact him.

His Cissy & Ada scripts are priceless and his Im in Heaven is also worth a read. If anyone wants a PDF of either to try them out drop me a PM with your email.

Personally I have not been converted to the Kindle yet - the Ted household jury is still out on electronic books you cant read in the bath.

Back
Top Bottom