King Cobra razor back in stock

Don't understand why there are no reviews for this. Based on my Cobra Classic I've come to the conclusion that the blade holding mechanism is just too sloppy to achieve a comfortable shave with a new blade. In fact I keep it mainly for its looks and a very occasional use using a blade that's had at least 6 outings. It really does not begin to compare to the Mongoose and, even with a $1.50 exchange rate at the moment I wouldn't consider putting my name down at that price.

The handles are super-grippy. I have been alternating between this, the Classic, the Goose and then occasionally back to a DE, and I still can't decide which I like best.

Which isn't a bad thing really!

If anyone has the King Cobra and wants to try it against the Classic, please let me know and we can arrange a temporary swap.

I keep reading about the quality shaves people are getting and it's so removed from my experience that I'm wondering if my razor is a dud.

let me know if you're interested.

If anyone has the King Cobra and wants to try it against the Classic, please let me know and we can arrange a temporary swap.

I keep reading about the quality shaves people are getting and it's so removed from my experience that I'm wondering if my razor is a dud.

let me know if you're interested.
I don't own a Cobra but as far as I can gather there was and still is quality control issues with them and a lot of "Duds" have indeed been sold...More than a few folks have had to send more than one back before they got a decent one...o_O

Billy

Last edited:
I don't own a Cobra but as far as I can gather there was and still is quality control issues with them and a lot of "Duds" have indeed been sold...More than a few folks have had to send more than one back before they got a decent one...o_O

Billy

I'd challenge the "a lot of duds" statement.
It's hard to find any modern razor that doesn't have some returns and that includes Mongoose, OneBlade, iKon, etc. Heck, even Tradere had its detractors.
The King Cobra seems to have a rather low failure rate and the vast majority of owners appears to really enjoy the razor.

A razor doesn't have to be made in 1938 to be good Billy ;)

I'd challenge the "a lot of duds" statement.
It's hard to find any modern razor that doesn't have some returns and that includes Mongoose, OneBlade, iKon, etc. Heck, even Tradere had its detractors.
The King Cobra seems to have a rather low failure rate and the vast majority of owners appears to really enjoy the razor.

A razor doesn't have to be made in 1938 to be good Billy ;)
Of course not...I agree..It just seems to me that a lot of these kind of "Privateer" Razor manufactures get a lot of forgiveness for selling products that should not have left the door..They are not Mass producing them so quality control should not be difficult..And whilst there are obviously plenty of satisfied customers there is a lot of them excepting razors with flaws it would appear...:)

Mongooses are a case in point...I have seen many of them getting re sold and the seller has to point out manufacturing flaws and show pics of them...I just don't get this Forgiveness thing as these Guys know Darn well what's leaving the shop floor..:D

Billy

Of course not...I agree..It just seems to me that a lot of these kind of "Privateer" Razor manufactures get a lot of forgiveness for selling products that should not have left the door..They are not Mass producing them so quality control should not be difficult..And whilst there are obviously plenty of satisfied customers there is a lot of them excepting razors with flaws it would appear...:)

Mongooses are a case in point...I have seen many of them getting re sold and the seller has to point out manufacturing flaws and show pics of them...I just don't get this Forgiveness thing as these Guys know Darn well what's leaving the shop floor..:D

Billy

Mongoose is indeed starting to worry me more and more. I guess you can sometimes as a company become the victim of your own success.
Maybe one part of the equation is that we have become more 'picky' and/or educated consumers.
When John Doe bought his Schick injector razor in 1938 and it had a scratch on the handle I doubt he sent it back demanding a replacement.
Oh I dunno.
More wine.

Mongoose is indeed starting to worry me more and more. I guess you can sometimes as a company become the victim of your own success.
Maybe one part of the equation is that we have become more 'picky' and/or educated consumers.
When John Doe bought his Schick injector razor in 1938 and it had a scratch on the handle I doubt he sent it back demanding a replacement.
Oh I dunno.
More wine.
More Wine it Is...Cheers...:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom