King of Shave's shave oil

been using this stuff as a pre-shave. the alpha oil in the little blue bottle. actually quite impressive stuff and there is a noticeable difference in my shaves, plus leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. I do reapply when i need to so i dont just slap it on at the beginning and leave it for my 2-3 passes. the stuff was so good i went through one whole bottle in just over 2 months

I also have tried their kinexium shave oil in the bigger bottle. i think this stuff is slightly better than the alpha oil. i even tried it just on its own as designed, and it worked really well to my surprise.

Worth looking into, only a few quid in most of the supermarkets around.

I used the alphaoil (blue and green bottles)
Can't say I can see the benefit
Using it, for me, seems like an additional step to an already overcomplicated process
I do enjoy the results of a good shave, being an avid faceturbator myself, but the absence or inclusion of alphaoil does nothing for me, that I can tell.
Each to their own, of course.

Used to use it all the time and found it made a huge difference - then went on to Sommerset's which I found as good if not better.
These days I use an Essential oil mix from an aromatherapy place on Amazon you use more but its much cheaper and it works fine.

I'm using their azor easy wash off oil on its own just now. Little bit of menthol.
I'm using a travelling set up of that and wilkinson sword hydro glide razor. So far the shaves have been fine.

Count of Undolpho said:
Used to use it all the time and found it made a huge difference - then went on to Sommerset's which I found as good if not better.
These days I use an Essential oil mix from an aromatherapy place on Amazon you use more but its much cheaper and it works fine.

Link to this product please? Looking for good pre-shave to help my poor neck.
Ta.

I use to use this oil, Truefitt's and also tried the menthol Nuage oil. I even thought about producing one under the Wickham brand. But something occurred to me, and that is if you use a good soap then there is no need for an oil. I started to see them as being a bit of a gimmick really. Save your money and treat yourself to a better soap.

D. :D

I have both King Of Shaves and Nuage oils.

I don't use them everyday but they seem to work for me. I rub a couple of drops in then use a normal lather. It seems to set my stubble up and using with a lather it doesn't clog the blade up, as it would used on its own.

I used KOS and felt the benefit for quite a while before I moved to DE shaving.
For the last couple of years I have tried various other PSOs whilst DE shaving but have recently stopped using them as, with a couple of soaps, the oil seemed to ruin the lather.
The comfort of a shave doesn't seem to have suffered as a result of stopping so I think that might be it for me.

Cheers. I have some KoS oil knocking about from my pre-DE days, so I'll give that a go.
Ah, seems like so long ago. I was but a callow youth, 46 summers young. Then I discovered the joys of the single (blade) life!

Back
Top Bottom