King of Shaves Super Balm

I'm always on the lookout for a cheap as balm or moisturiser because I go through tonnes of the stuff. I decided to buy some KOS Super Balm on a whim because it works out significantly cheaper than my usual Nivea Sensitive, and it concept sounded interesting.

It's marketed as a cooling balm with a "twist" of coconut. It contains Coconut extract, alcohol and menthol amongst other things. So, how was it?

Smell: This has a smell, not a scent of fragrance! Pretty Coconutty with a hint of cucumber and a bit artificial. At least it is not the sickly sweet coconut you get with some cosmetics. Hardly pleasant but not offensive either.

Application: Half way between thick and watery. Goes on easily, does not need rubbing in much and does not leave a greasy residue. Easily absorbed into skin.

Sensation: There is an initial mild tingle from the alcohol and then a mild menthol cooling effect. Overall, pleasant and refreshing after a shave.

Moisturising: This has a moderate moisturising effect. It does the job with dry skin, but not as good as Nivea Sensitive, or a full-blown moisturiser. Left the skin feeling a bit tight but overall not bad.

Vs razor burn: I deliberately went ATG and over-shaved a bit to test the product. It is VERY good at soothing razor burn. After the initial zing from the alcohol and menthol, it leaves the skin feeling smooth, with razor burn soothed and cooled. This is the strong point of this product.

Summary: Excellent razor burn soother, especially for the low price. Doesn't smell great, and moisturising is average, but I can't think of any other cheap product that is better for razor burn.

Highly recommended. It will be replacing Nivea Sensitive as my everyday cheap ASB.

Give it a go!

Sounds good, if you are looking for suggestions you should try the Real Shaving balm, it is good quality and cheap as chips. I actual think it a better performer than my Nivea.

I've just bought a 500ml of GFT's E of Lime skin food. When buying in that size it's not expensive. £32.40 for 500ml is £6.50 for 100ml, which isn't far away from the King of Shaves stuff. If you do buy it, then get the pump they do for it, one squirt does my face and the 500ml will last me forever

Back
Top Bottom