Lanolin?

Animal products in Shaving cream

• Total voters
Having been reintroduced to shaving creams at the age of 57 : -0 Im thinking about the ingredients and just wondering if people object or are allergic to Lanolin in shaving cream also glycerin could be an issue?

Both work well for me in products. Glycerin in particular was a game changer in terms of my skn problems once I discovered glycerin soaps and shaving soaps.

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/.

I think I'm slightly allergic to lanolin. MWF tends to give me a couple shaving related spots around the mouth. You know the ones, the tiny little white heads. It could be something else about MWF that does it though as I haven't tried other lanolin products.

Lanolin intolerence is not uncommon but it doesn't mean that tallow fat soaps will have the same effect.

As for Glycerine, I add a couple of drops to my soap bowl - it does make a difference to some soaps that struggle in my hard water area. It can be used as an emergency cough medicine as well.

If you've never tried it, its very cheap from Chemists so you're not risking much.

I'm allergic to lanolin and go bright red after using anything containing it. Don't think I've tried a tallow soap yet.

Members came up with a list of lanolin- and tallow-free soaps here a year or so ago which I've adhered to.

Had a nasty reaction to MWF and assumed it was the lanolin in it, but now I've been making my own soaps with lanolin I don't have issues. Not sure if it is something else in the MWF or what, but I find the lanolin gives a lovely feel to your skin post shave. Glycerin helps too.

As per other people I also get allergies with lanolin which includes red spots, itching and a tight feeling.

Same experience both with MWF and Musgo Real.

Had a nasty reaction to MWF and assumed it was the lanolin in it, but now I've been making my own soaps with lanolin I don't have issues. Not sure if it is something else in the MWF or what, but I find the lanolin gives a lovely feel to your skin post shave. Glycerin helps too.

Much greater ingredient in MWF is tallow which some folks are sensitive or allergic to. Here's the link to the lanolin and tallow free soaps thread in case it's of use to anyone:

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/com...ads/lanolin-free-and-tallow-free-soaps.24719/

Back
Top Bottom