Lathering a cream

Hiya,

Creams are considered easier to lather and for the most part that's true. When you add a variable like extra firmness to the mix, adjustments can be made to the technique. I run into this effect when some creams I use are exposed to the air over a period of time and they can get less airy and more dense.

What I do to load my brush works well and is easy to figure out. The water used is minimal at first, which helps in keeping things under control with the lather not going nuts. Always a lot easier adding water than cream if needed, which most everyone knows.

The other idea is loading the brush enough to hold 4 passes worth of wonderfulness. That means making sure all the product has been used up with no small pieces floating around undissolved and undiscovered. That doesn't happen with this method.

Ok, here we go. I scoop out cream from a tub with a tiny stainless steel spoon and plop that into a decent sized mixing bowl. Even though very little lather will be created, having some room for whisking doesn't hurt. I will add maybe a tablespoon of very hot water to that and let it sit for a few seconds to help with the croap like product's attitude. Then I pour off all but 1 teaspoon of water and use that to start with. From there I use the spoon to give the firm cream a quick chop into small pieces.

I will wait a few minutes

Back
Top Bottom