Lavazza Beans 1kg bags Tesco and Waitrose cheapy..

Lavazza Beans 1kg bags Tesco

Nice to see you back. Have tried the ground in the past but don't have the whole beans available. The ground was ok.

RE: Lavazza Beans 1kg bags Tesco

All Italian bags has a best before date mark, but you can calculate backwards, because they always put down exactly two years from the roast date...

I used to use Lavazza the black pre ground espresso blend many years ago (approx 5 years), I liked it back then, but I've never tried any of their bean bags.

Well in the interests of coffee I shall get a bag.
I am also waiting on the arrival of an un pressurised double basket so a whole kilo will
Let me play a while.
I didn't realise until this week that the basket was pressurised. Now I can get rid of the plastic crema device too.
Happy days!!!
Cheers chaps.
Tim

Well if you like it Tim, you can 'subscribe & save' with Amazon and they are currently £10.70/kg bag. Delivery is free.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lavazza-Qualita-Rossa-Coffee-Beans/dp/B002PM23YC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332705937&sr=8-1

is there are quick way to do it without a machine?

drinking a lot of milicarno at the moment. i know its not great but i perfer it to Nescafe and amazon are selling 6*85g for £12

Hi Shanky,
If you like milicano, you might like to try what I've been doing since well before it appeared. I'm on a tight budget (IB), but like a good coffee. On top of ground and beans, my "quicky" is -
Sainsburys 47p 100g instant mixed with 2-3 dessertspns ground coffee (sometimes put through my hand grinder) Sainburys £1.69 works quite well --- AND --- a teaspoon of drinking chocolate.
When the grounds have sunk, the brew is ready. I don't know how or if it would work for sugar users. I also liked a tspn cocoa and 3dstspn ground Java.
Pain in the arse having taste I can rarely afford. (got a leg of lamb reduced to £3 - but the vino to do it justice cost me £17!!! ).
love'n'joy

Ok have been using the lavazza beans and they are producing a really well rounded brew.
Because of the new double basket I am getting the best results yet.
I can't wait to get some fresh happy donkey beans.
Woo hoo. But I will buy lavazza red pack again.
Now today I was in Waitrose (I'm posh me) and they do thief own basic whole beans.
Did my eyes deceive me. £4.65. For 500 gms
Or £9.30 a kilo.
Now that's got be worth a try.
I shall report back.
Yrs
Tim

antdad said:
I have settled on Waitrose French dark roast beans in the office bean to cup, not bad in the espresso machine either.

Then a slice of that great bread you posted warm with butter and home made plum jam and a great bowl of coffee.
Clean shAven of course.
It struck my wife that people on the forum like to do everything from scratch. Ie getting back to unprocessed basics.
I was born in the 1950's and clearly haven't left it...
Timslick.

Slick said:
antdad said:
I have settled on Waitrose French dark roast beans in the office bean to cup, not bad in the espresso machine either.

Then a slice of that great bread you posted warm with butter and home made plum jam and a great bowl of coffee.
Clean shAven of course.
It struck my wife that people on the forum like to do everything from scratch. Ie getting back to unprocessed basics.
I was born in the 1950's and clearly haven't left it...
Timslick.

That is how i make my coffee for a while now too. I buy Kanis and Gunnink espresso beans, and ground them to make a nice cup of filter coffee. I place a filter holder on my cup and i get very nice results.

Back
Top Bottom