Lavender cream options?

Ids

With so many brands having a lavender scented cream, from vulfix to TandH, what do our lavender lovers recommend, I fancy giving it a bash.

It's a bit on the pricey side and may be getting difficult to get over here, since they've pulled out of the UK market, but Art of Shaving lavender cream is really good. A fantastic pure lavender scent and one of the best creams I've tried.

Thanks for the options but at £20 they ain't cheap!
has anyone tried the vulfix lavender cream? £9 for 225ml.

Ids said:

Got some Violet here fella if you want to save some kerching, its like lavender in colour but smells absolutely nothing like it if that helps.

RB73 said:
Ids said:

Got some Violet here fella if you want to save some kerching, its like lavender in colour but smells absolutely nothing like it if that helps.

lol Thanks for the offer but I'm not a bad fan of violets

Ids said:
RB73 said:
Ids said:

lol Thanks for the offer but I'm not a bad fan of violets

Strangely enough i find the scent slightly disturbing, in a sort of something bad must have happened when i was very young which involved violets. Still it hasn't affected my tip toeing through tulips.....

You've all overlooked the obvious, which is Taylors Lavender cream. Good cream, good lavender scent and reasonable cost.

Castle Forbes is another good one.

Ian

I went for the simple solution, emailed GFT, TandH, Taylors and Vulfix begging for samples, let's see how it goes............

Ids said:
I went for the simple solution, emailed GFT, TandH, Taylors and Vulfix begging for samples, let's see how it goes............

I e mailed Taylors for samples a few days ago - they don't do them.

Thank you for your e-mail.

Although we have provided some samples in the past, these were individually made by hand, as we do not hold sample-size stocks of our products.

We regret that due to excessive demand for samples, and the time consuming nature of this process, we unfortunately at the present time can no longer provide samples.

Nevertheless, if at a point in the future we decide to produce sample sizes we will be pleased to inform you of any developments.

Lavanda is available from Shaveabuck http://shaveabuck.com/lavanda-shave-cream-p-373.html. I have never used it, but have used Musgo Real which is made by the same folks & its a good cream.

Does it matter what type of lavender that's used in the mix. French, English, Portuguese? Does the country of origin indicate the lavender type that's used in the mix?
Interesting thought, as we my like the soap or cream based on the type of lavender we grew up with?

Back
Top Bottom