Layering fragrences

Any one got any clever thoughts on how to match aftershaves with shaving creams?
I've got a few that work really well together : like prof blighty's endymion soap goes well with his Red ginger. And his Spanish limes soap works with yellow ginger.
When scents match I find the smell lingers for longer, and so half my soap and aftershave collection is matched.

But any ideas what soap goes well with my other aftershaves, namely Clinique happy, Davidoff hot water, and issay miyake? I can't find anything that compliments these.

I guess it's a case of finding what the fragrance notes for the aftershave are, and trying to match from there?

cruciate said:
Any one got any clever thoughts on how to match aftershaves with shaving creams?
I've got a few that work really well together : like prof blighty's endymion soap goes well with his Red ginger. And his Spanish limes soap works with yellow ginger.
When scents match I find the smell lingers for longer, and so half my soap and aftershave collection is matched.

But any ideas what soap goes well with my other aftershaves, namely Clinique happy, Davidoff hot water, and issay miyake? I can't find anything that compliments these.

I guess it's a case of finding what the fragrance notes for the aftershave are, and trying to match from there?

T&H 1805 Cologne / aftershave is apparently a dead ringer for Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey ... BUT I don't know about the cream.

I'll often approximately match software with fragrance - but I can't claim that's layering as even my aftershaves purposely have weak longevity. The sandalwood oil toilet soap I use in the shower does last a good while on my skin, though, and layers nicely with most of my frags.

I'll definitely look for the 1805, thanks vinny.
Funnily enough I've found Sandlewood matches most fragrances too. Must be a fairly standard base for mens fragrances.

I would highly recommend M&S autograph cologne and balm goes well with Arlington and sandalwood

Nishy said:
I would highly recommend M&S autograph cologne and balm goes well with Arlington and sandalwood

Oh and eton TOBS with the issey

Back
Top Bottom