Le Tour 2013

One thing's for sure, there'll be nobody asking this year whether Sky's #1 is really their strongest rider...

That's true, Richie was blown away today, second in the GC last night after that amazing supporting role yesterday and down by how many places now? I don't know... I think he was something like a quarter of an hour back on the line.
My wife thinks Wiggins found an excuse not to ride this year, I'm sure he'd have been eclipsed and she's sure that he knew it. Can't see him coming back with any great degree of success on the big tour now, it just happened to be his time in 2012 and Froome had team orders to follow. I think Chris has a couple more wins in him, certainly has age on his side which Brad doesn't.

I'm no expert but with these couple of days of flat stages and the Sky team in a bit of a mess, as a tactical move I would have thought one of the teams could have gone at it Team Time Trial style and broke Froome, maybe even double teamed?
Some of the other teams are looking mighty strong against the Sky offering.

No expert maybe, but you weren't so far wrong at that!

Chapeau, Cavendish and OPQS. Tremendous show of force, and proof that the Cavendish era is far from over.

I'm now very nervous about team Sky, they seem much weakened (5 riders out now) and Saxo-Tinkoff did stretch it out today, and Movistar look strong in depth. Chris has a great lead but I have a funny feeling he'll have a monstrous task to defend this lead through the Alps, I feel he's lost his allies and if he wins this tour it will have been an enormous solo effort in effect.

You're right, Liggett mentioned this fact and I think he was referring to 3 more riders lost off the back of the peleton, they must have at least made the time cut off. At one point he said Porte was out, I've been reading Porte's blog this morning and he's very much in! Never listen to commentators.

Delighted for Cavendish but worried for Froome. His team seems to be imploding. Contador has a very strong team but I really don't want to see the unrepentant drug cheat win another Tour. I think Froome is a better cyclist but he has a tough time ahead of him.

Sky have re-grouped and they need to heading into the Alps! Contador, love him or hate him will be trying to attack Froome here I recon.
Are there any other contenders for the title...

Rather them, with the climbing they have to come ;)

No doubt some will feel the burn, one of my pet hates is hill climbing, burns me out :blush: most will just try to stay in and get past this stage, but the front runners will probably use this stage to attack and probe each other, psychological warfare ain't it fun :s

Back
Top Bottom