Le Tuft Heavy Metal Brush - a custom job

Received this little beauty today. Another custom brush from Bill. "The Le Tuft Heavy Metal Brush"

I asked Bill to create a brush based on the guitar wielded by ex Ozzy Osbourne lead guitarist and Black Label Society frontman Zakk Wylde.

tar1.jpg

tar2.jpg

tar3.jpg

tar4.jpg

Here's what Bill came up with.

It's made up of segmented sections of faux ivory and ebony acrylic, steel rod and silver sheet between each segment. It stands 47.5mm tall and is 37.5mm wide at the shoulder. The knot is a 26mm 2-band finest set at approximately 50mm.

These pictures are from Bill, taken before some final work on the base, before the knot was set and before the final polish. I'm sure you'll agree even before completion it looks frigging ace.

brush1.jpg

brush3.jpg

brush2.jpg

And here's the completed brush, it's been hand sanded through 21+ stages before being polished up to it's current gloss. The off white of the ivory matches the guitar perfectly.

brush4.jpg

brush5.jpg

Post bloom pictures to follow when Mrs Cubert returns with my camera.

Very nice photos too. Both of you did a nice job.
( Still think we should do a photo calendar of all the pictures that are shown over the year!)

Johnus said:
Very nice photos too. Both of you did a nice job.
( Still think we should do a photo calendar of all the pictures that are shown over the year!)

I'm afraid I can take no credit for either the brush or photos, all Bill's work. My involvement was limited to the initial request.

Back
Top Bottom