Leicester City...

Five points with four games to go - don't get me wrong - I want Leicester to win as much as anyone, but Spurs will be playing with abandon knowing they have nothing to lose. Whereas Leicester - do they have the confidence and bottle? Who knows.

Nothing to lose? Spurs will think they can win it now. That's pressure.

Nothing to lose? Spurs will think they can win it now. That's pressure.
I'd describe it as the difference between Spurs playing to win - because they have to, against Leicester playing not to lose.

Both are at home Sunday/Monday against teams they would be expected to beat - Swansea and West Bromwich - two teams with an almost identical record and both in the nearly safe zone. So you wouldn't expect anything to change, but, even an unexpected draw can have huge implications at this stage.

I'd love Leicester to win it but I have a feeling Spurs are going to pip them at the post.

We'll see, and I hope I'm wrong, but I think Spurs have really got the bit between their teeth and Leicester are finally feeling the pressure right at the end.

As I say, I hope I'm wrong (being a Sheffield United fan teaches you to look on the black side).

I don't give a monkey's about soccer but I was born in Leicester so I do about this. More importantly, Tigers are in a semi tomorrow - vs Racing 92 played at Notts Forest ground. Go Tigers! Go Foxes! Then we have the Premiership play-offs so Go Tigers some more!

Something learned today, thanks! I assumed Notts County played cricket - a game I also know little about.

Just to get it straight in my mind - which team did Cloughy manage?

So what do Notts County play - soccer or cricket? Edit: Google says soccer.

I say soccer because rugby is properly called football - as in Leicester Football Club are Tigers and Leicester City Football Club are Foxes - so soccer and rugby differentiate. I appreciate soccer fans don't need the differentiation because you ignore rugby - maybe hardly know it exists. We are unable to ignore soccer because it is all over TV channels and newspapers - scandalous bunch.

I think Leicester Forest are an RFC.

Come on Foxes! Come on Tigers! Leicester must be poised to celebrate big time! But then, Tigers lose so many finals because they play in so many most every year.

I say soccer because rugby is properly called football - as in Leicester Football Club are Tigers and Leicester City Football Club are Foxes - so soccer and rugby differentiate. I appreciate soccer fans don't need the differentiation because you ignore rugby - maybe hardly know it exists. We are unable to ignore soccer because it is all over TV channels and newspapers - scandalous bunch.

Hah, I learned yet another new 'All Things Limey' tidbit and this time it's something about sports.

So from what I understand, rugby is pretty much ignored and in the background when compared to kickball. Sounds like rugby is kinda like being the half witted relative kept in isolation somewhere like Prince Ruprecht was.

Know what? That's what kickball is like over here in Yankeetown. We blow our noses in it's general direction on the few occasions it's ever mentioned. Never anything in the newspapers.

Martin

So what do Notts County play - soccer or cricket? Edit: Google says soccer.

I think Leicester Forest are an RFC.

Come on Foxes! Come on Tigers! Leicester must be poised to celebrate big time! But then, Tigers lose so many finals because they play in so many most every year.

Foxes or 'Ci-teh' as most will say around here.

Back
Top Bottom