Lifespan of a brush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pedro083 said:
jim his post just means that he would rather hear advice from any person on this forum no matter who they are than a marketing company ie the adverts and tutorials that are found on sites that sell the products, this is no slight against you or anyone else,

Thanks pedro, that was indeed, my point. I should have clarified it perhaps by stating large companies and stores that sell shaving items as an aside, without in depth knowledge or concern and the modern multi-blade marketing of the likes of Gillette and Wilkinson Sword. Since I don't know anyone here, I would be mortified to be seen taking sides in what seems to be a grievance I was unaware of but has been running before I joined here.

Jim, I'm sure your credentials are impeccable as might your son's be. I'm also sure there are disagreements on topics I would love to get to the bottom of for the sake of smooth enjoyable shaving. I hope we can still all learn from each other in the spirit of gentlemanly accord :)

merkator said:
pedro083 said:
jim his post just means that he would rather hear advice from any person on this forum no matter who they are than a marketing company ie the adverts and tutorials that are found on sites that sell the products, this is no slight against you or anyone else,

Thanks pedro, that was indeed, my point. I should have clarified it perhaps by stating large companies and stores that sell shaving items as an aside, without in depth knowledge or concern and the modern multi-blade marketing of the likes of Gillette and Wilkinson Sword. Since I don't know anyone here, I would be mortified to be seen taking sides in what seems to be a grievance I was unaware of but has been running before I joined here.

Jim, I'm sure your credentials are impeccable as might your son's be. I'm also sure there are disagreements on topics I would love to get to the bottom of for the sake of smooth enjoyable shaving. I hope we can still all learn from each other in the spirit of gentlemanly accord :)

I am sure we can

Jim

pedro083 said:
jim his post just means that he would rather hear advice from any person on this forum no matter who they are than a marketing company ie the adverts and tutorials that are found on sites that sell the products, this is no slight against you or anyone else, The comments made about your son are not a personal attack on him, they are peoples opinions and people have they right to have they opinions whether they be right or wrong, does not matter. They should not be seen as a personal attack. The OP in the start was commenting on the fact he participating on a thread elsewhere and he felt attacked by your son cause he was asking where you would get a stand for a chubby 2, to be told you dont need a stand for simpsons brushes dont be so stupid(basically). I use stands not cause I belive it alters or improves the span of the brush but cause it solves a storage issue for me. So why should I be told if I ask where to buy a stand for a brush I dont need one by anyone, as that was not the question I asked as the person answering does not now my reasons for wanting one, that to me is arrogant and insulting to me .

Ok, I understand and hear your argument but I have just read back through this thread and looked at Gary's post - he has quoted the OPs post in which I can see a pretty personal attack! By the looks of it this section of the OPs post has been removed from his original post but obviously not from the quoted post Gary made. I am guessing this 'deletion' was carried out by the Mods on here because of the 'personal aspect'. I have read the thread in question regarding brush stands and I can't see where Gary, as you put it, basically classed anyone as being stupid. I think it was a fact that was stated along the lines of 'if they were made to be stored inverted a ring would have been put on the brush base'. I saw no 'twit' or 'fool' added to his comment...

I am not here to argue the toss with anyone but I know my son better than anyone on any forum and he has no arrogant streak in him. He has a love and passion for anything Simpson, end of. Yes he can be quite 'straight talking' and yes he is prone to stand his ground but I have not seen any posts he has made on any forum that 'name calls' individuals or 'brands' individuals with monikers - as I have seen on this thread.

Perhaps a truce needs to formed. He joined different forums to help to try and put the records straight regarding Simpson history, etc and answer questions and offer opinion, experience and first hand knowledge. Opinions, knowledge and first hand experience which I believe are the cornerstones of forums such as this? The OP of this thread stated 'opinionated garbage'. Well as just said, opinions are what this site is about and a life time of making and restoring shaving brushes (which he still does to this day) should not be classed as garbage.

Jim

I think we can draw a line under this one and move on, it's gone off topic too many times.Hopefully the lifespan question has been answered sufficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom