lilac vegetal

noticed a few posts recently about lilac vegetal, and its always been one of those things that ive been very curious about. im not at all squeamish about strange/ old fashioned scents and think i may like this.
anyone got any opinions on 'the veg' ?

I picked some up in NYC out of curiosity. I have splashed it on a couple of times but it's not for me. I don't get the 'cat's pee' note that people talk about but it just smelt a bit cheap. I can imagine it would be a grower but I prefer to stick with some other favourites rather than go through the learning curve.
If you want my bottle, I would be happy to send it to you for the cost of postage.

Tried it just the once and I wasn't taken, in fact I found it mildly offensive but I did sell it on here and got two thirds of my money back in about 48 hours flat. I found it broadly similar to Floid in that overly strong, talcum powdery, old ladies bathroom way. I appreciate I'm probably in a minority as they both have many fans. It's why I had to try them.

Omp said:
I picked some up in NYC out of curiosity. I have splashed it on a couple of times but it's not for me. I don't get the 'cat's pee' note that people talk about but it just smelt a bit cheap. I can imagine it would be a grower but I prefer to stick with some other favourites rather than go through the learning curve.
If you want my bottle, I would be happy to send it to you for the cost of postage.

that would be fantastic, thank you very much :) if you PM me your paypal details ill forward you the money :)

chriszacharek said:
Out of interest, where are people getting Pinaud products from here in UK? Bit hard to track down any stockists and I quite fancy trying some of the range.

If you type Pinaud Clubman on e-bay, usually the first choice 'bluemedical' I think. They are in USA so it takes good 2 weeks to reach here, but I think they are the cheapest for Pinaud, Aqua Velva and Skin Breacer.

chriszacharek said:
Cheers, like to avoid foreign sellers if poss but may have to.

I used them few times, and had no problems. But its up to you. Some of the Pinaud range can be found here but its still cheaper from them. I only tried Pinaud Clubman and Clubman Musk, Personally I prefer the regular clubman. I think it cost somewhere around £6 including postage.

Just found a seller on eBay in the uk, manmachinedotco, who seem to sell the range. Seems like they are uk distributor. Just ordered a bottle so will see how it goes and report back. Apologies for hijacking the thread.

It is BRILLIANT stuff.

For make Vinny STRONG! Like BULL!

I used to do trades over at 'Shave My Face' where I'd send Palmolive sticks to the US posters and get Lilac Vegetal in return.

joe mcclaine said:
It is BRILLIANT stuff.

For make Vinny STRONG! Like BULL!

I used to do trades over at 'Shave My Face' where I'd send Palmolive sticks to the US posters and get Lilac Vegetal in return.

Brilliant! I saw the thread title and thought, "I hope Vinny has replied".

After my horrible experience with Pashana (read Pishana), I've been too chicken to try 'The Veg' but I must admit I enjoyed the regular Clubman very much. The Osage Rub made by Pinaud on the Jeris label is great stuff for the menthol lovers. Cheap too.

received some veg today (thank you omp :) ) tried it tonight and its quite odd. first impressions were of a box of old books left in a slightly damp garage mixed with the light scent of lilac, and i quite like it. on the dry down i get a little bit of that stale pish smell that pashana has but not as heavy. overall i like it but think i may have to use it a few more times to make my mind up about it.

the day after the night before and i think i may be pif'ing the veg. i like the opening but the dry down just seems to linger and linger. its like a pashana-lite, dont get me wrong its not that i dislike it i just dont think ill use it in the same way the bottle of pashana i have doesnt get used, theres just other aftershaves i prefer. ill give it another bash later in the week and then, as agreed with omp, it will be passed on to someone else.

Back
Top Bottom