Lime Shaving Creams

I like lime stuff, it crossed my mind while searching for hidden bargains on ebay (came up blank today) that I should perhaps consider other lime shaving creams, other than the barbershop stuff from the UK.

There's a couple on my hitlist so far.

Old Spice Fresh Lime
GODREJ Deluxe Lime cream (I think there might be two kinds of this, one for us, and one for goo loving cartridge users)

I'd like to make sure I'm buying stuff intended for use with a brush - rather than fingers.

And I'd also like to know if anyone thinks either of these isn't worth trying - if it's horrible quality for example, but also if anyone is aware of any that I might not know of.

The Castle Forbes, eShave, Vulfix, 3Ts, Harris, Crabtree and Evelyn, etc I'm aware of, as they're available in the UK and the ones I tend to look at.

Anything I've missed? Should I just stick to British barbershop stuff?

Godrej lime is nice, I'm a big fan. The lather quality is excellent and it's easy to use, scent isn't bad for the price, maybe 7 out of ten. I've not seen two versions, mine came in a big toothpaste tube coloured a very light green. I wouldn't mind some more actually, where are you seeing it?

Halk said:
I like lime stuff, it crossed my mind while searching for hidden bargains on ebay (came up blank today) that I should perhaps consider other lime shaving creams, other than the barbershop stuff from the UK.

What'sup Halk,

You want the Castle Forbes cream. Pretty amazing stuff for both scent and performance. Strong straight ahead single note blast of LIME.

Now if you wanna try a very easy to lather and luscious smelling lime soap, I'd suggest http://www.qedusa.com/qedman-qedman-shaving-soap-p-54.html Charles sells a single note product that's very popular.

Martin

After posting this more googling also hit on the Castle Forbes. I do like the idea of buying Scottish, because I am Scottish, so that will be my next one. I'll order that soap when I'm in Florida I think - thanks for the recommendation.

There's a US seller of Godrej lime selling 100g tubes, there's some Indian sellers as well selling 50g and 70g stuff. It's not clear if it's the same stuff because there's dark green and light green pictures of it. However it's more expensive than some barbershop brands are here, so if it's only rated as a 7 out of 10, and good for the price... if I'm not getting a good price I don't see the point! :)

I think it's Castle Forbes next, meanwhile if I try that soap and like it, then by the time I've used the 2 tubs I have left, plus the CF and then the soap.. I'll be back in the states if I need more soap....

Re: RE: Lime Shaving Creams

jaycey said:
Castle Forbes Limes is the closest I have come to licking the lather:D
Forget about the price, you deserve it!

Smells just like lime opal fruits or starburst or whatever they're called these days.

Ooh, any suggestions where to buy it from Tackleberry? If it's that cheap I've no excuse not to give it a shot.

Hiya,

Well to try and confuse the OP, I should mention you shouldn't expect whatever lime item you choose to always just smell only of that one note. Lots of variations on a theme. For example, the T&H lime scent is a little odd to me. There's more than just lime that comes through. Just depends what you like to huff,

Martin

Martin, I'm already aware of that :) The T&H is my favourite so far, and it's got barbershop soapy undertones to it, The Vulfix one is a different kind of lime with no undertones. That's why I'm after the chance to try them all. :)

So far with creams I'm finding that they're all of such high quality that there's no performance advantages - they're all superb, so it's all about price and scent. I may of course find differently when I start trying the bargain ones!

Halk it came with the blades, not sure where to buy it unless you go straight to Supermaxworld, but they have a minimum of £8 purchase. The cream is on there for £1.49 so you would have to buy 6.

That's a relief, I thought I was just being daft! I'll leave it and look at a later date - if it's withdrawn from sale then there's not much point getting 1 of them and not being able to get more! :)

Back
Top Bottom