Local Pottery Bowls

[attachment=14012]
It made it safe and sound.
Again many thanks for organising this. I will be using it tonight!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431763978.992061.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431763978.992061.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 32
Phew that's one arrived safe.

I must admit I am slightly nervous trusting in the Royal Mail, thankfully they are pretty light packages and I have padded them out.

Good luck to all getting through the parcel tape too. I do like parcel tape ! LOL !

Guess what arrived this morning...
vc27k.jpg

First thing I noticed, apart from the good looks, was that the bowl is much lighter than my other shaving bowl, it has a wider base and is a little shorter which is a good thing as I kept sounding the gong with the brush handles on my old bowl. The outside feels like it has more grip, and compared to my old bowl and the inside of the TSR bowl is a rough as.. well a badgers rear end, which may be appropriate as I am using my silvertip tomorrow. Its not rough as in unfinished but maybe a very worn matchbox striker... Sorry I cant really explain it very well, but you will see what I mean once yours arrives.
So far I am loving the feel and size, colour and weight of this bowl 4/5 so far, tomorrow is the clincher.

Thank you Northern Saint for doing all the hard work on this project, and thanks to the Potter who made such a quality item.

Jim

Northam Saint said:
May of been a wise choice posting them on Thursday second class. Just the right day for a parcel.
My local delivery office doesn't deliver packets on a Saturday! That is, of course, not officially true. It's just that I never get a Saturday packet but I get lots of Monday ones.

Strange that!

The Shaving Room Bowl is fantastic - light, easy to hold, great depth / diameter and well-judged internal depressions / ridges with just the right surface roughness.

Thanks again to Sean for sorting the whole thing out and well done to the Potter for the fine craftsmanship.

... and one more for the road:

Nico1970 said:
rg.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The Shaving Room Bowl is fantastic - light, easy to hold, great depth / diameter and well-judged internal depressions / ridges with just the right surface roughness.

Nice looking lather in that bowl.

Back
Top Bottom