Long-lasting aftershave

I've tried several AS from various sources and found most of them don't last for more than 2-3 hours on me. Bodyshop AS and the "designer" brands (e.g. Boss) I have tried last for 6 hours or more. Bodyshop is fine for everyday wear, but I've gone off the designer brands yet still want something a bit more classy than Bodyshop for the evening.

I like warm, sandalwood/musky scents with a bit of spiciness. Any suggestions on products from the likes of DR Harris, TOBS etc (would consider ordering on line from someone like Connaught)?

TOBS sensitive (jermyn st) aftershave is IMHO stronger than their cologne. Lasts all day on me.

However, aftershaves aren't meant to last long. Thats the point. They only contain perhaps 1% essential oils. For long lasting you need either a Cologne, or better yet an EDT.

Its why i don't bother with aftershaves any more. I use a balm (because its nicer on the skin and has some smell) and then use an EDT/Cologne to actually create a long lasting fragrance.

No aftershave will make it through a day

I agree with Shrink. I go for an Alum block (don't need it... just got addicted to it) followed by Clinique balm... then spray on the Cologne of my choice... currently Gaultier (for days out) or Gucci (for nights out)

Just one other thing... while we're on the subject. I find that when you use the same Cologne a lot, you get used to the smell and don't notice it yourself... although other people do. Then when you try something new, you notice the new smell all day. Or is that just me?
Good excuse to keep trying different Colognes

WiffWaff said:
Just one other thing... while we're on the subject. I find that when you use the same Cologne a lot, you get used to the smell and don't notice it yourself... although other people do. Then when you try something new, you notice the new smell all day. Or is that just me?
Good excuse to keep trying different Colognes

no, you're not alone on that one.....

Mmmmmm..... Long-lasting aftershaves that I remember: La Toja (specially when you combine the splash with the balm) and Irisch Moos.

But if you like strong, spicy scents I found that Pinaud and Pashana ranges are really lasting, not suitable to use any EdT after them.

Cheers

Harvard, Jovan Musk, Superdrug's Forest Fresh, and Pashana are all long-lasting aftershaves available in shops. Dr Blighty's aftershave lotions also have terrific longevity.

Back
Top Bottom