Looking for a new post-shave

I'm on the lookout for something new to use post-shave, been using the Edwin Jagger after-shave balm (aloe vera) for a while now and although its good, 1) its pricey and 2) its got a bit of alcohol in it.

Any recommendations on what to get? I prefer a balm type thing as I need the hydrating moisture after finishing shaving, my skin dries very quickly.

I'm on the lookout for something new to use post-shave, been using the Edwin Jagger after-shave balm (aloe vera) for a while now and although its good, 1) its pricey and 2) its got a bit of alcohol in it.

Any recommendations on what to get? I prefer a balm type thing as I need the hydrating moisture after finishing shaving, my skin dries very quickly.
A small amount of coconut oil, I mix it with lanolin 50/50 but you can use on its own, great after a shave for hydration.

I use 24 hour+ body moisturiser cream.Better than any of those post shaving products in my opinion.I have tried many but none compete to it for myself.
The skin needs to stay moisturised & hydrated.I put it on once the aftershave splash has dried.You can also put it on straight after the cold water rince then apply aftershave.It helps lock-in the scent.:)

Nivea post shave balm is very good, non-greasy and is absorbed quickly.

Plus it is cheap as chips :)
It is very good, and cheap. Got my last bottle at half price from tesco. Trumper's skin food is also very good, although quite a bit more expensive. I have the lime version and it's very refreshing.

Palmers cocoa butter for men. around 2 quid from savers in the UK. tiny amount goes a long way and leaves skin soft and hydrated. I've tried all the usual suspects and this beats them all hands down. slight downside is it smells a bit like chocolate but doesn't last long and isn't that offensive.

Tried it.Gave me a rash and didn't hydrate.

That does surprise me. The dirty little secret is that you have to go a long way to find anything better than Nivea. In my experience, the premium sellers really struggle to make a good after-shave moisturiser. I've tried loads (Pro Raso, Castle Forbes, ES etc) and the only one halfway decent was T&F's No.10 and even that was a bit nippy due to the alcohol content.

My personal current favourite is Clinique's moisturising lotion. I'm out of it at the moment and using their anti-age moisturiser but it's really not as good. Yesterday, I found myself applying Nivea's superb Men Creme over it as my skin is very dry at the moment.

That does surprise me. The dirty little secret is that you have to go a long way to find anything better than Nivea. In my experience, the premium sellers really struggle to make a good after-shave moisturiser. I've tried loads (Pro Raso, Castle Forbes, ES etc) and the only one halfway decent was T&F's No.10 and even that was a bit nippy due to the alcohol content.

My personal current favourite is Clinique's moisturising lotion. I'm out of it at the moment and using their anti-age moisturiser but it's really not as good. Yesterday, I found myself applying Nivea's superb Men Creme over it as my skin is very dry at the moment.
Try this.Works excellently for post shave skin care.Garnier Skin Natural Hydralock Moisturiser Body Milk 400Ml - Groceries ___.jpg

I'm an ASB kinda guy and I've tried many. After trial and error I've settled on Organic Aloe Vera Gel (available from Holland & Barrett and Amazon) and Clinique Post-Shave Soother (especially if paired with Clinique Moisturising Lotion). Of the two, I find Aloe Vera Gel more moisturising, but both leave your skin feeling silky smooth without a hint of greasiness. They are scent-free however, so if you're looking for strong olfactory impact you'll have to look elsewhere.

I use other ASB's from time to time, and agree with many that, for the money, Nivea is hard to beat.

I don't use Balms that much apart from winter. As mentioned, Nivea balm is good, if you want something bit more interesting(scent wise) check M&S balms Harvard and Woodspice they smell wonderful. If you want something greasy and oily, my suggestion would be Boots Freshwood balm; very moisturizing and protective + nice smell + cheap +oily. Nivea Men cream in the round tin; was on offer in Superdrug so got one and tried, nice smell and protection. If you want something non greasy; Proraso balms(liquid crème) I think they are wonderful, non greasy/oily formula but very soothing and comforting.

Back
Top Bottom