Looking for a razor blade bank ..

Surely if you pop a sealed tin in the recycling they just melt the whole lot down? Seems to me to be a total waste of metal to just bin them....mind, I agree about the safety aspect at same time but landfilling them is in the end just as bad as in x number of years nothing to stop people digging it up and cutting themsleves, although virtually no risk of a serious illness by then I guess....

I'd rather get cut on a clean blade than a rusty one. Still, with the closed tin I don't see how anyone would put themselves at risk of either without providing a tin opener first. Unless, if the tin finds it's way to landfill, some hopeful metal detector may in years to come think they have found themselves a large tin full of money.

Just my opinion, but I would not really bother recycling DE blades due to the little amount of metal we are actually talking about, do you all recycle the cheap fixings you get with shelf's or such to attach to walls, or the odds and sods of screws from cleaning out tool box. will be a lot more usable metal there.

I would also check with your local council before you try to chuck them in for recycling as most dont want them and ask that you dont put them in for recycling.

I decided to try for a 'Bank' on eBay. A cute little ceramic Frog. Won it at a fair price. Received it and then realize that if I used it there wasn't an easy way to get the used blades out of it once it was filled!! So much for Cute!

Johnus said:
I decided to try for a 'Bank' on eBay. A cute little ceramic Frog. Won it at a fair price. Received it and then realize that if I used it there wasn't an easy way to get the used blades out of it once it was filled!! So much for Cute!

I'd think that's the idea though, it's a one way trip for the blades.

Sorry to bring up an older thread but these are available For anyone looking for a used blade bin.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280791441984?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1196wt_689.

I have no connection but bought one from here a while ago. It's also a buy it now so I won't be treading on anyone toes.

I've just purchased another as the old one is full.

I use a glass baby food jar, cost around 40p! Either eat or bin the contents, I'd recommend the latter and use that, they last around a year. As for disposal i take it to work for burning, but you could just put it in with your rubbish, people do throw away far more dangerous stuff!

A while after this thread started I bought one of those Feather blade banks mentioned on page one... somehow smaller than I imagined but they're very pretty and do the job perfectly. They look very good in the bathroom.
Not expensive at all, especially considering the aesthetics. Three quid odd I think.

Canuck said:
A while after this thread started I bought one of those Feather blade banks mentioned on page one... somehow smaller than I imagined but they're very pretty and do the job perfectly. They look very good in the bathroom.
Not expensive at all, especially considering the aesthetics. Three quid odd I think.

Indeed.

And, when they are full you can tape over the top and dispose of.

I won't go down the bin / recycle track but mine will end up at the local recycling centre. There's a big hopper for metal, it's only a small lump, and no one will come in to intact with it. From there It will be outsourced by a big magnet and melted down.

Besides I've had all my jabs !

Just found this: http://www.barberblades.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=440
Slightly more expensive, though. If you wanted more stuff it would be better, especially with the free postage

I've only just started with a de shaver and made a bank out of a used food tin, had some thin copper plate so secured this over the end of the tin to seal it and put a slanted slot near the edge so it's impossible to shake a blade back out. Every time I use a new blade I stick the wrapper to the tin to decorate it.

You could use a small plastic bottle with a neck that is too narrow to pass a razor blade through. Simply cut a slit in the bottle and pass the blades through it. Some shampoo bottles have narrow necks, or plastic cod liver oil bottles.

I use a pepsi max can.
The hole in the top is big enough for a blade to slip through. I keep that in a high cupboard so kids won't be getting into it.
This is until I find something better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Used-Blades-Container-/280791441984?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item4160796240#ht_1136wt_754

THIS is awesome. Got a magnetic bottom so the blades don't ramble inside. Everyone should have it IMO. Seriously, don't be cheap.

Helveticum said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Used-Blades-Container-/280791441984?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item4160796240#ht_1136wt_754

THIS is awesome. Got a magnetic bottom so the blades don't ramble inside. Everyone should have it IMO. Seriously, don't be cheap.

There are good. I'm on my second one, the first took a year to fill.

Back
Top Bottom