Looking for someone who can understand email bounce messages

Hi

I've had a disturbing email bounce back that makes me think that my work email is being automatically forwarded to someone else. I'm the boss and this should not be happening.

Is there somebody on here I could PM about this who could give an opinion?

Thanks

It's feasible that there is a problem (some ill-coded nasty lurking microbeastie) with the recipients environment which is crafting bounce messages.
Without headers it's hard to tell what's going on. I've seen bounce messages with the same subject line containing spam or even payloads in the past.
Talk to Nick - he's first up...

If you're using Virgin Media, this won't come as a surprise ....... They no longer filter spoofed bounce backs on their server side since they switched back from using Google's mail. I understand it's getting fixed, but it's a pain, for now .......

If you're using Virgin Media, this won't come as a surprise ....... They no longer filter spoofed bounce backs on their server side since they switched back from using Google's mail. I understand it's getting fixed, but it's a pain, for now .......
This happened to my wife's email (not mine...yet). She's getting about 10 bounce notifications a day from obvious spam.
I've checked the server outbox and they're not being sent from her account (phone/PC) but from outside the Virgin Media domain but since her address is the spoofed 'from' address, she's getting all the bounces.
Annoying.

back in the early 2000s, it was common for malignant sites, like say a "put your email here to get a free ebook" to take the inputted email address and then to simply use it to send emails to randomly generated email address.
I got emails from MYSELF for over a decade with the old Hotmail system.

UPDATE

Got him! Our web designer has gone rogue, we're gathering info now on the extent of it and making sure he can't kill the site.

140ekq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom