Looking for something new

NotTheStig said:
I've just ordered an open comb NEW from FrenchBlade so soon I will see what all the fuss is about :p

You make Max sound like the Amazon for razors. :lol:

Actually, he's not far off.

Lipsy

Been on line looking at the 1959 Fatboy with 1-9 adj. They look very nice plus its my birth year. Anythink I need to be concerned about, anyone use one out there?

Turk said:
Been on line looking at the 1959 Fatboy with 1-9 adj. They look very nice plus its my birth year. Anythink I need to be concerned about, anyone use one out there?

I use the model after that, the Slim. Goes from very mild to quite aggressive, apparently, though I've yet to brave the high settings.

I use a Fatboy from time to time (and a Slim). There isn't a lot to choose between them, and the only thing to beware of as far as I know is getting one where the blade doesn't align properly with the bar. Both shave nicely and you can tinker with them, but chances are you'll find a setting which is just right and stick with it.

Like you I had been using the merkur for a little while. I just moved onto a Gillette Slim adjustable and I have a Super speed to try as well. Still forgiving and give a wonderful shave.

Once you've decided what you want, send me a PM, I probably have something :)

The suggestions, SuperSpeed and Slim are good, though I'd start with the Superspeed, use it for a while, and then see about the Slim.

Still haven't tried the SE razors, but if you want something cool and funky, that shaves like a charm, get yourself a Rolls razor, they're damn cheap, and brilliant piece of kit. (I love mine so much I got a second, and maybe a third one for backup!)

Cheers,

Max

FrenchBlade, I checked out that Rolls Razor. Now that is something quite different. I put an ebay bid in on 2 different 59 Fatboys for notaligic reasons but lost both. It is amazing how many different razors are out there! I will have to check around for a 59 Gillette Fatboy, if you know of any let me know. Thanks, Turk

Back
Top Bottom