Lord Super Stainless

Evening all,

Just wondering if any of our members have tried these blades?

If so, how do you find them?

I've got a few packets, just wondered how others experiences are.

Dipesh

Pretty good for the money. Sharper and smoother than Supermax. I suspect they're pretty close to the Shark super stainless but haven't compared side by side.

I've got a couple of packs and have used a few blades. I found them alright, I used them in my Superspeed, not sure what they'd be like in something with a bit more bite.

I used one last week. I do actually find (and have mentioned it before) that some of the Lord range are quite decent and under rated. Sadly, based on the shaves last week, the Lord SS wasn't one of the better ones.

I found it dragged a bit on the first pass of the first shave, it seemed a bit better on shave number 2 and to be honest I saw no need to take it to a shave 3, so changed brands.

If anyone wants to try these let me know. Just benefited from a very kind unexpected Pif from scottymac so in the spirit of things happy to pif some Lord super stainless on.

Believe Lord , Shark, Racer and some others are made by the same company in Egypt. Have tried them but haven't done a comparison to see how similar or dissimilar they are. A rose by any other name?

They make Lord, Shark, Big Ben, Asco, Crown, Racer, Silver Star and Rainbow blades (their website is here: http://www.razorslord.com/Brands/ ).

Lord are the best of those I've tried from the list above. For me, they are a mild blade which work well when my skin feels irritated due to a medical skin condition I suffer from.

Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I wanted to record my views on it.
I've just tried one in a Rocket HD. It didn't feel too bad; a bit dull but that's what I expected, but, unfortunately, it was what I called a "stealth blade" - in other words, it didn't feel too bad, but it was doing damage. It opened-up a weeper on my jawline, which is one of the usual places I'm prone to getting them. In addition, my usual 3 passes failed to get particularly close. I did consider hand-stropping it, but, as I only had one of them, and I wasn't too bothered about trying to make it work for me, I dumped it. To me, the equivalent Shark is no sharper, but seems a touch smoother.

Used with a Merkur Futur, I found them draggy and a bit dull. Reasonable first shave but second one pretty poor. The Lord Super Chrome is a much better blade IMHO, giving 3 decent shaves with one blade.

Back
Top Bottom