Mama Bears soaps

traditionalshaving said:
Be careful if you plan on buying a few soaps directly from Mama Bears. If the total value goes over £18 then you have a good chance of getting customs slapped on top. It wouldn't be so bad if customs charges didn't include a flat £8 fee on top of the VAT. Suddenly your £8.30 per soap becomes £12.50 per soap (at 3 soaps). We've got Mama Bears soaps starting from only £9.15 at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.traditionalshaving.co.uk/mall/departmentpage.cfm/traditionalshaving/_268140/1/Mama-Bears-Soaps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.traditionalshaving.co.uk/mal ... ears-Soaps</a><!-- m -->.
Hello, I was going to contact you as I'm after 3 maybe 4 particular smells, and wondered if they could be added to your next delivery, if it worked out less than ordering myself I wouldn't mind waiting.

Regarding the high costs mentioned above.... because Mama Bear's are a small company they are not able to offer a big discount to trade like other brands such as Taylor of Old Bond Street. So when you include shipping and import tax we don't get them for much cheaper than a normal customer. The markup that we add is considerably lower than other products to try and keep the final cost down to the end customer but they still end up quite expensive.

You might not have noticed but Mama Bear's have recently put all their prices up by 20%. They currently have a 20% discount on everything so the end price is still the same but this discount will not be staying forever. After this discount is gone our prices should seem a bit more reasonable. So if you are planning to buy anything direct from Mama Bear's then make sure you order soon before the discount goes!

Ids said:
Hello, I was going to contact you as I'm after 3 maybe 4 particular smells, and wondered if they could be added to your next delivery, if it worked out less than ordering myself I wouldn't mind waiting.

Our recent stock will probably last us 2 or 3 months at least as we got so many so you're probably better of ordering direct. However, if you let me know your suggestions I'll happily add them on to the next order.

I love this stuff and looked into ordering direct from mama bear,but after working it all out and all the pissing about involved regarding if it gets through customs etc etc i ordered from badger and hone and the service was first class.. ;)

I'll always take some Brute Ids, so if Trad Shaving are willing to take confirmed orders when they restock I can add 2 or 3 tubs to your requirements. Only downside is that now I may well be forced to buy some more soap just to run their current stock down !

Ah me, this having lark.

JohnnyO. ;)

traditionalshaving said:
Regarding the high costs mentioned above.... because Mama Bear's are a small company they are not able to offer a big discount to trade like other brands such as Taylor of Old Bond Street. So when you include shipping and import tax we don't get them for much cheaper than a normal customer. The markup that we add is considerably lower than other products to try and keep the final cost down to the end customer but they still end up quite expensive.

You might not have noticed but Mama Bear's have recently put all their prices up by 20%. They currently have a 20% discount on everything so the end price is still the same but this discount will not be staying forever. After this discount is gone our prices should seem a bit more reasonable. So if you are planning to buy anything direct from Mama Bear's then make sure you order soon before the discount goes!

I agree with this post.

Mama Bears are very expensive for us to stock and I'm sure that the Traditional Shaving Company will agree that by the time our packaging costs etc. are added, we are just about breaking even. It's one of those products we stock to make our customers lives easy, not to make a profit on ;)

We do however offer UK delivery included in our £11.95 price at Badger & Hone. Mama Bears soaps are currently available through our eBay shop:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-And-Hone

ebayshoplogo.jpg

I'd agree with that as well after looking into it, the money saved (if any) isn't worth the hassle, B&H will be getting an order soon!

Just noticed the Dublin tweed went :(

IanM said:
I can't really understand the enthusiasm for these soaps, as they're really nothing special.

Ian

Gotta agree, however..........
I think Mamma's soaps are dependant on the pH of the water supply.
I found with my mildly hard water that they took a lot of work to lather and that the end results were not all that rich a lather, nor was it protective or slick or moisturizing compared to the majority of soaps and creams.

Unfortunately I found the soaps to be below average and amongst the poorest performing.

I ordered a couple of scents, one was Canadian pine or woods and another called Xmas forrest. Both scents resembled artifical pine scented cleaning products.

So not a terribly positive experience for me though I must give Sue's web site full marks for presentation.

Since you're in "Upside down land" you sure you weren't attempting to lather the base of the tub Andy ???????

Just a thought !

JohnnyO. (Who gets ever so brave from the other side of the world !) :lol: :lol: :lol:

JohnnyO said:
Since you're in "Upside down land" you sure you weren't attempting to lather the base of the tub Andy ???????

Just a thought !

JohnnyO. (Who gets ever so brave from the other side of the world !) :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL !!!! - So that's what I've been doing wrong ! - next I'll be sdrawkcab gnitirw ! ( writing backwards ) :lol:

I so wish you hadn't done that Andy, now I'm waiting U/Hermit reminding us that he not only can write backwards, but can do it with his non dominant hand !

The ever inadequate JohnnyO. ;)

JohnnyO said:
I so wish you hadn't done that Andy, now I'm waiting U/Hermit reminding us that he not only can write backwards, but can do it with his non dominant hand !

The ever inadequate JohnnyO. ;)

I suspect that Urban Hermit is already doing that ....

Andsomebodyspoke said:
IanM said:
I can't really understand the enthusiasm for these soaps, as they're really nothing special.

Ian

Gotta agree, however..........
I think Mamma's soaps are dependant on the pH of the water supply.
I found with my mildly hard water that they took a lot of work to lather and that the end results were not all that rich a lather, nor was it protective or slick or moisturizing compared to the majority of soaps and creams.

Unfortunately I found the soaps to be below average and amongst the poorest performing.

I ordered a couple of scents, one was Canadian pine or woods and another called Xmas forrest. Both scents resembled artifical pine scented cleaning products.

So not a terribly positive experience for me though I must give Sue's web site full marks for presentation.

I have only tried Rosemary Mint (which is one of the nicest scents of anything shave-related I have experienced yet), Cocoa (lovely) and Dragon's Blood (ok, nothing special).

While not the most protective soaps out there, I would say they are most definitely slick. Also very nice on the skin, no stinging on rinse like some soaps. I guess it depends on your water - here in London they work very well indeed.

Also love the functional tubs, good for travel.

A shame they cost so much to get them here.

If you think these are bad, try something by Saint Charles. Now they really are unusable, with lather that dries quicker than it takes to shave one side of your face!

John

Back
Top Bottom