March 2022 Acquisitions

7RbPu5Y.gif

Another bakelite Souplex razor ...

AM-JKLUfQ8ffTzmT-9Vk94V_M_mGImgMurbWUr9Khz7mcL15DlkWqfnAt9daVbgyq3QwmSNzy4-pm2bmt9RD_9JlOPeyR-6H5QRPsUxW6vlA9vsXHLJMZyaXbmMCkH0Lbp5jjqjrS_jukWrkv8m8Kium74S0pg=w1200

... which you can see has a subtle difference to the (older?) model:

AM-JKLWGZR9eCPN5kIVreszQD_22OH2bltpLmg5nHP3wPLeczHY7slzkwtdQ8JsYPvLhW03IIG5nu00SvH8SQa051W0oqho5HpAQUPBqkQ4iQxEliECQ1I81ze36bmeSMcacfO8ixMB47it_y4gCwHAuqssT2Q=w1200

Generally, smaller and lighter. Possibly thinner cap and deeper drain slots ...

AM-JKLXEVM8iLUKW-qRYFPQjjOWTCRl-NH6tqNI35IiDqRJFWCGvE_razuVPHm_66AdcmASZxJ90UgqIB3v9wAmYwOkc2G_Ahu5fve69Jq8BQYDvnIcFSiCLKrpbpN5uX85t_RL93qS35cGqCAnidEqHITSC2w=w1200

... and hollow but longer blade posts. Curvier underneath, too.

The white one also looks like it clamps the blade closer to the edge, more rigid, less chatter?.

The white one also looks like it clamps the blade closer to the edge, more rigid, less chatter?.
It's the later regd. no. 791669, the brown one, (earlier is 433166) that gives a tad less presentation and so tighter feel with less chatter. Less gap, too, to feels milder ... like the Personnal/PAL razors feel milder compared to the later Gillette Techs. Very smooth shaves, though. I'm keen to try this new acquisition as my other Souplex are the later (Combless) style that are much more like the Personna/PAL razors.

The white one here shaves very nicely for my face - good gap, yes good blade stability, good blade feel while shaving. It suits carbon steel blades very nicely and suits quite rudimentary stainless blades like Vidyut/SuperMax or Lord, or the often overlooked Wilkinson Sword. I think the brown on will suit the Indian subcontinent Platinum blades that I like.

Well, that lot should make you feel better! How the cough?
Cheers bud, the cough has not really taken hold and chest is OK even if it is a little tight, head and body aches, sneezing and runny nose persist.
Positive test again this morning.
Luckily Mrs TC is OK and testing Negative, pretty much what happened to me when she caught it.
Fingers crossed, this is as bad as it gets. NHS App indicates 7 days isolation to go, unless I can get 2 x negative LFT's in a row.

Cheers bud, the cough has not really taken hold and chest is OK even if it is a little tight, head and body aches, sneezing and runny nose persist.
Luckily Mrs TC is OK and testing Negative, pretty much what happened to me when she caught it.
Fingers crossed, this is as bad as it gets. NHS App indicates 7 days isolation to go, unless I can get 2 x negative LFT's in a row.
Ride it through ... lots of clean, fresh water.

I'm 9 days in now and still had a positive test this morning. Had a wicked sore throat first couple of days but after that it's just mainly been lots of congestion. My other half has got it now as well unfortunately.

This Arrived from PAA this morning
Twee which is homage to Creed Irish Tweed,
a scent which i never tried but if this soap is anything to go by then it was a wonderful scent.
My wife can be quite fussy at times but i put the splash on the minute it arrived & she loved it which is unusual for her to like it so quick.
normally it needs to develop before she appreciates it.
Anyway for me it’s another brilliant addition
B7EBBBA8-A03E-477B-8A47-FD27FA9E9F4B.jpeg

Hi all - 1st post here.

A bit late in life, but I've recently started using a safety razor. I started a couple of months ago with a cheap Ebay razor, but got myself an old Gillette (pictured) a couple of weeks back.

The 1st shave left me just short of needing a blood transfusion, but since then I've enjoyed how close I can now shave.

Attachments

• 20220325_163331.jpg
    20220325_163331.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom