Martin De Candre - Unscented!

Dipesh said:
I think scented MdC is amazing Mark. The scent is right up my street.

Cheers, Dipesh. I'm really looking forward to having a shave with it!

Coler said:
...I may have accidentally gone and ordered some now...

Good call, sir.

Without a doubt, the unscented version I have is the best shaving soap I've ever used. Nothing's even close to MdC when you get into it. Between the quality of the lather and the fact that a jar will last for years, it's a winner.

Mark

I'm using their fougere bath soap and don't particularly care for the scent. I prefer their scented shaving soap. A very different take on 'fougere' to, say, Penhaligon's English Fern.

WiffWaff said:
Bloody hell!
First it's RAD... then BAD... now I'm getting a bad case of SAD.

RAD - This I beat by keeping a '61 Fatboy, 39C Slant, 1912 and R41...all bases covered !

BAD - I finished with 5. A Muhle Retro series (soft and luxurious), a SOC 2 Band (all-rounder), a SOC Boar and a SOC 2000 (my brushes don't dry out in 24 hours during all seasons and I might want to use a Boar 2 days in a row), and a small EJ Best Badger (travel brush).

SAD - this was tough to conquer, and I though I had until I hit this latest purchase. As I view my cupboard now holding 2 x Tabac, 2 x MWF and 10 x Mikes Natural in various flavours...adding the MdC I hope (hope !) is the final frontier (there is also the small matter of 3 or 4 tubs of GFT cream...)

In any event, I'm going to go ahead now and declare myself 'out' for any future R, B, S or C(ream) purchases for oh about the next 10 years....

Coler said:
WiffWaff said:
Bloody hell!
First it's RAD... then BAD... now I'm getting a bad case of SAD.

RAD - This I beat by keeping a '61 Fatboy, 39C Slant, 1912 and R41...all bases covered !

BAD - I finished with 5. A Muhle Retro series (soft and luxurious), a SOC 2 Band (all-rounder), a SOC Boar and a SOC 2000 (my brushes don't dry out in 24 hours during all seasons and I might want to use a Boar 2 days in a row), and a small EJ Best Badger (travel brush).

SAD - this was tough to conquer, and I though I had until I hit this latest purchase. As I view my cupboard now holding 2 x Tabac, 2 x MWF and 10 x Mikes Natural in various flavours...adding the MdC I hope (hope !) is the final frontier (there is also the small matter of 3 or 4 tubs of GFT cream...)

In any event, I'm going to go ahead now and declare myself 'out' for any future R, B, S or C(ream) purchases for oh about the next 10 years....

Are you sure? What about all those shiny, tactile and perfumed things that are out there, waiting to be discovered? :icon_lol:

nononononononononooooooooooooooooooo back ! back I say !

(edit : I have one bottle of Pinaud for every day use and one of TOBS cologne - sandalwood if you're asking - for the weekends AND THAT'S ALL I NEED THANK YOU VERY MUCH!)

Is there anyone buying 200g jars and splitting into 50g so people can try it a bit cheaper?
Say UK onward postage at £1 for a flat slab first class.
It must be possible to part it out at £12/50g which is a big saving over £28

factory prices approx:
50g approx 34 euro delivered = £28
200g approx 50 euro delivered = £42

The good thing about SAD is that soaps and smellies are consumable, so you have to buy more anyway at some point. I find my Cella soft soap and Speick stick are diminishing quite rapidly... while the MWF seems to be regenerating itself during the hours of darkness. Think I'm using the first two a bit more often... but I'm sure I'll get through all of it eventually.

But... I am beginning to think about a "posh" soap... hence the MdC. On the other hand, I'm thinking of getting 1Kg of Cella.... seems a lot, but 1Kg is barely more than twice the price of a 150g tub, and I practically eat the stuff.

Yeh! I know... get both

cootuk said:
Is there anyone buying 200g jars and splitting into 50g so people can try it a bit cheaper?

factory prices approx:

I am just about to put an order in for 3 jars. I want the scented one and was going to sell the remaining ones in chunks or complete off to cover part of my postage. If anyone is interested in splitting the last 2 pots let me know and if there is enough interest I can order an unscented one.
If you are up for it let me know asap and I will adjust the order to suit.
Prices as above unless one of you wants the pot with your 50g in it then it will cost more to post.

missingskin said:
cootuk said:

factory prices approx:

I am just about to put an order in for 3 jars. I want the scented one and was going to sell the remaining ones in chunks or complete off to cover part of my postage. If anyone is interested in splitting the last 2 pots let me know and if there is enough interest I can order an unscented one.
If you are up for it let me know asap and I will adjust the order to suit.
Prices as above unless one of you wants the pot with your 50g in it then it will cost more to post.

I'm interested - PM sent.

I'm in for 50g flatpacked...pm sent...assuming my figures are correct

Those pots weigh about 310g...depends if you are going to send it in a box like MdC use..then you might get charged the volumetric weight rather than actual weight.

tbh if your order is full then I'm tempted to bite the bullet and do it, though wife would hit the roof at the size of the box.
She's not going to be impressed when my blade selection pack arrives from Russia either...lol

Back
Top Bottom