Martin De Candre

I've written that nowadays the best artisan shaving soaps are at least as good as top-flight "commercial" soaps, liked Creed and Martin de Candre (made artisan-fashion but on a commercial scale) and any other commercial soap. We really do live in a time of a superabundance of good soaps—and even interesting soaps: look at the Van Yulay descriptions, or Meißner Tremonia, or... many others, too numerous to mention. Literally.

The 20% off is only on certain items in the store. The standard 200g jars of shave soaps haven't been discounted. Though a couple of their smaller shave soaps in glass dishes have a bit of discount on them.

I love MdC so had to add the recently released Rose limited edition to my Fougere and Unscented versions. Should arrive next week hopefully :)

The 20% off is only on certain items in the store. The standard 200g jars of shave soaps haven't been discounted. Though a couple of their smaller shave soaps in glass dishes have a bit of discount on them.

I love MdC so had to add the recently released Rose limited edition to my Fougere and Unscented versions. Should arrive next week hopefully :)

I passed on the rose as it s really not my thing. I am sure it will be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update to say... I'm waiting for Shavedash to stock the current limited editions and then I can decide which I prefer without shelling out "blind".

In the meantime I've purchased some La Pierre Lucien Traditional, absolutely superb stuff. If MdC is anything like this its very good...

Last edited:
Le Pere Lucien soaps are very nice. The original and the cedar and patchouli are my favourites. They are softer than MdC, more a 'croap' and the scent is more marked.

Good to know, thanks.

I like the scent but its ever so slightly on the strong side. Croap you say? My LPL is like a regular hard soap, the MdC must be triple milled or something I guess?

Ah OK. My LPL is dated March 2016 but is no softer than MWF... Maybe it varies a little from batch to batch?

Good stuff regardless :cool: I've been really impressed with French soaps I must say.

Ah OK. My LPL is dated March 2016 but is no softer than MWF... Maybe it varies a little from batch to batch?

Good stuff regardless :cool: I've been really impressed with French soaps I must say.

No softer than MWF ? That is strange. They can vary it's true but I've not had one as solid as MWF.

Yeah its a strange one, I'd read of it being a "croap" beforehand but mines nothing like one. Its not storage as its been in a relatively warm house for 48 hours now and last night the whole metal tin was left underwater for 5-10 minutes in the sink while I showered... Still hard :D

Update to say... I'm waiting for Shavedash to stock the current limited editions and then I can decide which I prefer without shelling out "blind".

I ordered a sample from them late last week, it's been despatched but so far haven't received anything. Still, it's not like I need another expensive shaving product...!

Back
Top Bottom