Marvellous BBc2 tonight

a story about neil baldwin a guy with learning difficulties who has a great life story

wont go into details and spoilers you can google that but will be a good watch

I saw that and thought it was tremendous TV. Even more so when it is story that no-one would have come up with had it not been true.

Superb acting too, and it puts Lou Macari, especially, and football in a very good light.

I thoroughly enjoyed it - wonderful performance by Toby Jones, but no less so by Gemma Jones who played Neil's mum. Very uplifting viewing and the fact that it's true makes it even more so. Loved the cameos by the real participants in the story.

Somehow missed this thread.

It was a great piece of television, and having the program interspersed with comments from the man himself and others was a stroke of genius. I'm pleased that it has appealed to none-Stoke on Trent people just as much as it did to us that are born/bred here.

Ian

ive watched it a few times since and its truly uplifting - ian, you right living in the area and seeing the great man at stoke games makes it the more special.

just for interest at the next stoke game which was newcastle home they got him on the pitch and i believe stoke are having a 'marvellous day' on Sunday v swansea

it does shed the area and much maligned football club in a great light

it will be great seeing him on TV at the baftas

joe mcclaine said:
You Vale and Stoke fans are bonkers.

When I was running with England away in the 90s everyone would happily have a beer together ... 'cept Vale and Stoke. They just wanted to thump each other.

In a bar before the Romania game in Toulouse we had to stop some Stoke fans tearing down a Vale flag.

Sounds about right. I went to the last Stoke/Vale derby at the Victoria ground. At the time I was living closer to Stoke's ground than Vale Park. I kept my jacket zipped up to my chin on the walk home to conceal my Vale shirt.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom