Masterchef Pro

Is it me or has the one and only female candidate been receiving exceptionally favorable and sometimes well over the top reviews for her mediocre dishes?

Funny you should say that. I've only watched one episode of the current series, and that was last night and only because I was too knackered to get off the sofa and do something else.

Greg was chanting her name, and I immeadiately commented to my wife that I thought that was a bit biased.

Ian

WiffWaff said:
On the other hand... Michel clearly favours young Oli... and I think what Michel says goes!

Yes I think Junior Roux has the casting vote.

I found the latest 'veggie' round a little unfair as the female chef chose to cook a desert which was her strongest area and not likely to need meat as an ingredient. Well within the rules of course but I think they should have made that round savoury food only.

I really thought it was only me that watched this programme avidly.

I'm not into "fine dining" particularly... but I love that stuff.

I also thought it was a bit off... cooking a dessert in a veggie round... yes, they should have made the rules a bit clearer

I'm a big fan of Masterchef. I recently sampled proper 'fine dining' at Morston Hall and it blew me away. I just wish I could indulge more often.

We do have a restaurant local to us that is tipped to win a Michelin star at some point soon.

http://www.tuddenhammill.co.uk/index.aspx

We'll head over there if we can stretch to it sometime next year. Until then it's Pizza Express vouchers.... :blush:

Juniors apparent favoritism towards Oli can work both ways though, he also has to execute those familiar French classics perfectly or very near it.

All you need to do is wave a sweet pastry crust under Greg's schnoze and he's having a hyperglycemic orgasm, anyway the tubby ginger should win he's clearly the most creative as well as being very technically proficient.

If you were entering, you'd work on your pastry and ballotines, no big secret.

That chocolate tart she cooked last night had me dribbling all down myself. I was disappointed to see that 'forager' fella go last night I really like his food but he fooked it last night.

Me & the Mrs have promised ourselves a bit of fine dining next year.

I've been to Tom Kerridges place a couple of times, last time in August for B'day. It's is as relaxed as he is, my sort of cooking and recommended.

antdad said:
I've been to Tom Kerridges place a couple of times, last time in August for B'day. It's is as relaxed as he is, my sort of cooking and recommended.

He certainly comes across as a really nice guy. His gaff looked rather good too.

It's a decent competition this year, though I reckon Oli, my favourite, is outclassed by a couple of chefs with a lot more experience. What I love is that he's thoroughly enjoyed himself, he's 22 and getting the experience of a lifetime. Be interesting to see who takes it on Thursday night.

cheese_dave said:
It's a decent competition this year, though I reckon Oli, my favourite, is outclassed by a couple of chefs with a lot more experience. What I love is that he's thoroughly enjoyed himself, he's 22 and getting the experience of a lifetime. Be interesting to see who takes it on Thursday night.

Hi Cheese Dave, it's been a while! Hope you are OK. I enjoyed last night's MC as it's always fun and interesting to see what goes on in the Fat Duck. Think I'll give that savoury lollipop dish a go this weekend...

Buying a rocket ice lolly and dipping it in stock wont be quite the same thing PC.

I must admit to not enjoying last nights episode very much, for the most part it's chemistry and incredible skilful and accurate assembly and as brilliant as it clearly is, it's just too far removed from anything I can relate or aspire to.

I agree with you CD, Oli is well outgunned or should be given the experience of the other chefs, god I hope the girl doesn't win (even though she did well at the FB) if she says "brilliant" one more time I'm going to need a new TV. What I'd really like to know is whether these challenges actually contribute to the final decision making or if just down to the dish of the day.

antdad said:
Buying a rocket ice lolly and dipping it in stock wont be quite the same thing PC.

Oh come on, what do you take me for?! I'm actually now off to buy some of this...

valuepate1-150x150.jpg

...to mould in to one one of these...

funny-feet-300x183.jpg

TASTY!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom