Masterchef Professional

I dialed out of the other tiresome Masterchef formats years ago because most of the time I felt like self harming or stabbing the contestants, not good. Anyway caught the crew watching it the other night when normally I'd scarper and I must say I'm quite growing quite fond of it.

Good to see Roux Jnr at work and thankfully they've axed that heavy breather of a narrator. Well judged and appropriate use of techno/trance and Humpty doesn't say too much. Best of all the contestants (being chefs anyway) just want to cook well rather than change their lives forever or burst into tears for failing to do so...TF for that.

I just can't stand that Wallace bloke, the one who looks like a professional burglar. What's his background again? Oh yes that's it, Covent Garden fruit and veg grocer. Can't stand watching him eat, it's excruciating. And I hate the fact he's all shouty at no-one in particular at the start...

"We're looking for CHEFS who are PASSIONATE ABOUT COOKING"!
"IT doesn't GET any HARDER THAN THIS!"

I like Roux Jr though, a real expert and a great judge. It's better than when that other shouter Torode was on.

I've watched it on and off over the years but this series of professionals has had me hooked. Regardless of the lass being a silver haired dwarf, she's a 22 year old cooking dishes that a 2 star chef calls perfect.

The final is going to be interesting, my money would be on the Tazmanian guy Ash

There's something not quite right...yes she's quite cute but I bet those dishes didn't originate from her as there's no comparison to her early rounds, I'd say she's been coached to within an inch of her life.

antdad said:
There's something not quite right...yes she's quite cute but I bet those dishes didn't originate from her as there's no comparison to her early rounds, I'd say she's been coached to within an inch of her life.

I'm sure there are many who'd like to...er...'coach' her to within an inch of her life.

Never heard it called that before. :s

antdad said:
Even I could of prepared raw scallops.

I thought the same. The Mrs was screaming at the TV about how much time it was taking her to prepare Scallops and Almonds and I replied with "but she has no f*****g cooking to do" just plate it up and put a couple of coloured blobs beside it.

I couldn't eat raw Scallops myself.

Back
Top Bottom