Merkur HD mechanics

I was using my 34C tonight and when I had to change blade mid-shave I was rinsing it and put a new blade in sideways but noticed the thread wouldn't catch the head screw part and had to push the bottom knob into the handle which has never happened before (very secure connection) . I later on was examining the mechanism around the tightening knob and the mechanism pulled out and fell into the sink.

I see there is a compression ring and wondered is this normal as the screw mechanism pulls from the handle with little effort whereas before was such that it seem locked in?

Tried increasing the gap in the compression ring to increase pressure on the handle interior but no change compared to what is was before.

Only ever cleaned the two parts but now three parts it would seem...

Hi, yes the bottom part is held in by this split ring which gives a friction fit into the handle. Normally a reasonable tightness but can be removed simply by pulling.
I have removed mine a couple of times without issue but wouldn't suggest removing on a regular basis.

Cheers,
Geoff

be very careful....mine split in two on a barborple i once had...but yes they do come apart easy

Back
Top Bottom