Merkur Progress Review

Hiya,

A while back I tried the long handle Progress and although the shave was good, I didn't care for the handle length. It shaved well enough for me to acquire the one with the shorter handle. Yes folks, we have a bingo! Same height as the Fatboy when standing together, which is good for me.

So it's my second time using this razor, although I knew kind of what to expect. Tried it with way too much bite at first, and dialed down till I got things right. Took a few shaves and now it's all set, as are most minor technique tweaks needed.

The razor is on the heavy side at 92g...12g more than a Fatboy (80g). Well put together with very good fit and finish.

This is dialed way down, but even so it shaves closer than many other razors. Something to do with the head design maybe? Very comfortable, but still needing to pay some attention to detail. I have a feeling this razor is only somewhat forgiving, especially on the higher settings.

Excellent balance if you like a somewhat head heavy feel, which I do. Very good feel in my hand. All in all, it makes for a really pleasant shave.

Very glad having this in the arsenal. Nice change of pace razor that performs unlike the Gillette adjustables but still fun. I should mention the potential for this thing to offer a LOT of bite if that's your thing.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom