Micromatic v's Schick

[attachment=3936][attachment=3937]

Good afternoon gents;

I had my second shave with a Gem micromatic this morning, and I am happy to say that it was considerably better than my first attempt yesterday.

I have watched Mrguys youtube videos on the micromatic, and assume I that the shaves will improve to the point where there is no blood letting :icon_razz:

Anyway, I have a Schick injector coming from the States and was wondering if anyone here could tell me what to expect in comparison to the micromatic? Does the Schick require the same amount of care when shaving, or is it milder? I ordered some injector blades from Paul at Connaught (wonderful service btw), in anticipation of great things to come...

Pictures of the two razors are attached.

Thanks in advance,

Gordon

Attachments

• il_570xN.286315977.jpg
    il_570xN.286315977.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 27
  • il_75x75.281371784.jpg
    il_75x75.281371784.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 3,090
Hi there. I have no experience of the Gem micromatic but the Schick injector I have (2 Type E, one with butterscotch handle which appears to be your model) is an excellent razor and probably less aggressive than the Gem. As usual less pressure than the multiblade razors of today but some similarities in feel I think. I also have used Paul as a source of blades. Take care with the lever on the reverse of the head: some move but others do not so do not force the lever if it feels solid. Replacement of blades can be a slight problem when using the cartridge of new blades which slots into the head but with care replacement of blades is straightforward

Hi LJ,

Thanks for the reply and information. I was perusing the SMF archive last night and read one of your posts from 2009, asking if there were any other injector users in Scotland. Well, there will soon be at least two of us :icon_razz:

Used the micromatic for the third day in a row and each shave is a little better than the last - by which I mean there is less damage to repair...

All the best,

Gordon

I've used both. The Schick E and most of the Gem's and Ever Ready, with the blades that I have available, I'd go with the Gem giving a more 'aggressive' shave. Aggressive is relative., the Gem isn't in the one or two pass close shave category either. But it is a 'faster' shave than the 'E'.
I would compare the Schick 'E' to the Gem Push Button, mainly because of it's construction. Personally like the Push Button better.

Gogser said:
Hi LJ,

Thanks for the reply and information. I was perusing the SMF archive last night and read one of your posts from 2009, asking if there were any other injector users in Scotland. Well, there will soon be at least two of us :icon_razz:

Used the micromatic for the third day in a row and each shave is a little better than the last - by which I mean there is less damage to repair...

All the best,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

I do not have the mentioned injecotr, but I do have a PAL Injector and the OCMM. Both shave really nicely, but I need an extra pass with the injector as compared with the Micromatic.

My source of wisdom on the OCMM is also from MrGuy, but I found that keeping a light grip on the MM means holding it so lightly you think you are going to drop it. That done, and the angle learned, it is a superior shave.

/Max

Back
Top Bottom