Milk based after shave balms

I'm out to pick brains again.

I'm using three products at the moment.

DR Harris after shave milk
Florins Elite after shave balm
DR Harris milk moisturiser

At present I precede these with alum. They are great to use and are all milk based.

Milk based balms suit me. So, if and when I want to add to this selection can I have some suggestions for products likely to be at least as good as these?

To a large extent, this is a matter of semantics. The products you mentioned are not that different from what other companies call a 'balm'. The ingredients and performance could be very similar. Maybe the 'milk' preparations are a touch lighter (that is less rich or greasy)? So maybe we could agree on describing an AS milk as a light & runnier aftershave balm?

One product you are bound to like is Proraso Liquid cream (same bottle type as the green AS splash but with a white -er- milky content. I am very fond of it. It's a lot cheaper than Harris or Floris.

Another nice one is Clinique post shave healer. It is a light and scentless whiteish liquid that soothes and lightly moisturises. According to the venerable Gordon over at SMF, the Clinique is actually very similar to the old formulation of DRH aftershaving milk. Even lighter and more liquid, that is.

I still like Harris AS milk best though. It's a unique aftershave and outperforms all others IMO.

I quite like Emily Witherspoons ASB, they do a fantastic job without any sticky residue, the scents are as described and a little goes a long way, as stated.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.emsplace.com/grooming/mens_grooming_toiletries.aspx">http://www.emsplace.com/grooming/mens_g ... tries.aspx</a><!-- m -->

Thanks for the link Fozz. I see they don't ship to the UK. I'll keep a note of the website then I can always have some sent to my daughter in Dallas. I'll be there next year and often get stuff sent there for me to pick up. Custom's charges can make imports from the USA a bit too expensive over here.

Frederick said:
One product you are bound to like is Proraso Liquid cream (same bottle type as the green AS splash but with a white -er- milky content. I am very fond of it. It's a lot cheaper than Harris or Floris.

I like it too. The Proraso does everything a balm is supposed to do without being too thick, thin or greasy. It's good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom