Miracle Potion for rash, bumps & ingrowns (well for me anyway)

BEFORE.....

SDC10178.jpg

AFTER!!! (1tsp honey warmed up with 6 aspirin crushed and mixed together. Rub on area and let dry for 10 mins , rinse off!!!)

SDC10180.jpg

I have the most sensitive skin imagineable and it worked for me. This is 1 aplication yesterday , so will be doing a few more over the weekend!

mattprince said:
Nothing bad , just a case of first DE shave, wrongly prepped cream, shaving against the grain and a bit of ignorance. Ill learn lol

Let me guess - Derby blades were involved? :icon_lol: And yeah - bad idea going ATG right away..

Now that looks sore and ready to become an itchy bitch...Shaving with a Sardine tin lid will do it every time....or a Derby

Looks as though you've found the fix though.........Honey in itself has very good Antibacterial and Healing properties...especially Manuka Honey.... sticky stuff though.....much nicer on Toast.

Are you maybe going over and over the neck area after the initial pass and you've taken most of the soap off ?...Its easily done,a case of "I'll just get that remaining whiskery patch,with another pass".....I have to stop myself doing it sometimes.....Just try a dip in the soap water with your finger tips and rub it into any "missed bits" before doing another pass.....It does make a difference.....We can sort of get away going over and over with a cartridge razor...but DE seems to take all the lubrication off with the first pass....

I sympathise with the delicate skin.....And the itch........my hides a bit the same,with steel wire whiskers...If I get a raw shave like that I go back to my Futur set on 1 1\2 or 2 for a couple of days...

mattprince said:
AFTER!!! (1tsp honey warmed up with 6 aspirin crushed and mixed together. Rub on area and let dry for 10 mins , rinse off!!!)

I have the most sensitive skin imagineable and it worked for me. This is 1 aplication yesterday , so will be doing a few more over the weekend!

I never knew about that mixture. Thanks for sharing that.

It was only 12 months (or so) ago that I took the plunge and had a few situations like the one that you've just had. Most of them were caused by doing silly things with a shavette (which I won't ever use again). They're aggressive. Only wish I'd had that knowledge and the honey because it looks like it's worked a miracle.

Just been to Asda to get some more honey, aspirin and a towel so i can soak my face aswell. Oh and some glycerine so i can adda touch to the mixture to make it more slippy.

Will post back tomorrow with another photo to see if its made it even better.

Matt

mattprince said:
Just been to Asda to get some more honey, aspirin and a towel so i can soak my face aswell. Oh and some glycerine so i can adda touch to the mixture to make it more slippy.

Matt

My advice, and I think it would be shared by others, is to stop trying to run before you can walk. You really don't need to start adding glycerine to your lather at this stage (if ever), just try concentrating on the basics of generating a proper lather with a good cream or soap (eg. Palmolive) in the first place and then just do one or two with the grain passes trying to apply no pressure. If you get this right, you won't need you honey/aspirin mix.

Yellow Jim said:
mattprince said:

Matt

My advice, and I think it would be shared by others, is to stop trying to run before you can walk. You really don't need to start adding glycerine to your lather at this stage (if ever), just try concentrating on the basics of generating a proper lather with a good cream or soap (eg. Palmolive) in the first place and then just do one or two with the grain passes trying to apply no pressure. If you get this right, you won't need you honey/aspirin mix.

The glycerine is to be added to the honey/aspirin mix not the lather to make it a little more slippery to apply. Ive got no intention of adding it to the lather lol

The honey/aspirin is for the razor bumps and ingrown hairs , something ive suffered with for the last 20yrs of shaving. Ive just reapplied it and it went on alot easier. Im hoping with doing this every day or every other day for a few weeks that it will help.

Matt

mattprince said:
Yellow Jim said:
mattprince said:

Matt

The glycerine is to be added to the honey/aspirin mix not the lather to make it a little more slippery to apply. Ive got no intention of adding it to the lather lol

The honey/aspirin is for the razor bumps and ingrown hairs , something ive suffered with for the last 20yrs of shaving. Ive just reapplied it and it went on alot easier. Im hoping with doing this every day or every other day for a few weeks that it will help.

Matt

My apologies. :icon_redface:

The other advice still stands though. The thing that will reduce your ingrowns and bumps the most is working on your lathering and shaving technique. Tackle the source of the problem rather than treating the symptoms.

I was using a derby blade that came free with the edwin jagger de89

Ive thrown them in the bin and the feather blades were delivered today so will be using them tomorrow. Im going to go so lightly and spend more time on the lather that i hope i dont get many, if any cuts

Matt

Careful with the feathers, they're more than capable of causing the same damage that the Derby did. Very, very sharp bits of metal.

As long as you don't go against the grain again you should be okay, don't try to do too much this time. And I agree with YellowJim, you have found a great cure for shaving rash by the looks of it, but of course the best cure is to shave with skill in the first place. ;-) Enjoy your next one.

When you guys 'bad mouth' Derby's you make Santa cry!! Not good to do during the 12 days of Christmas.
You alway forget that he was from Turkey!! Turkey>Derby's...Santa>Derby's

Back
Top Bottom