Mmmmmm Gold!

Thank you :)

I'd not managed to find a rhodium bath last time I looked, it wasn't a very thorough look to be fair! 100 quid a litre not exactly cheap! I think I might experiment with black nickel before I go down that route.
I was also thinking of black nickel,but it seems to require a good few additives to a bright nickel solution ,and a lot of re-plating to get the work totally 'dark' (its not really black,more like really dark 'gun metal grey').It think it also needs a solid bright nickel base,so how many black nickel replates,would you be able to get away with with an adjustable?,the tolerances are so close,Im not sure it would work personally.Not to mention the cost of running 2 nickel tanks...Of course,I could be totally wrong!,but there WAS a reason I passed it up,even though I cannot remember exactly what it is...

BTW,I just shelled out £39 on 5ltrs of Bright nickel solution,and then there is the heaters,filters,etc,etc,so in my reckoning,each tank,in the series,(I have 5,5ltr tanks,and a 1ltr US),can,if you are not careful,set you back approx £30-£80 per 5 ltr tank......:eek:

Back
Top Bottom