Mobile Gaming

I can't remember the last time I played a game on my computer - with the improvements in mobile technology (speed, graphics, storage, etc) there's a lot of options to do some gaming on your phone/tablet these days be it Angry Birds, Candy crush or something a bit more substantial.

Now, I wouldn't call myself a 'gamer' but I do seem to always keep a couple of games on my mobile devices - most of them are of the casual ("kill five minutes" type of game) but sometimes I pick up more complex ones like the one I'm trying to get through right now: Icewind Dale (kinda funny as the game is 15 years old and designed way before tablets became a thing).

Any of you spending some time killing pigs, soaring through space, matching candy or trying to outwit an ogre or two on your mobile device(s)?

2n8vi8m.jpg

The computer games industry for me, started with "Pong" and ended with "Space Invaders".
Ive never been bothered with anything else. The internet however ( eBay especially) ebbs away at my eternal soul.
I have a Samsung S4 Zoom bought almost exclusivly for the fact its quite a good camera with a mobile phone lashed to it, so I only have to carry one thing with me most days when out and about.

Apparently it does the internet and email too but I havent fathomed those bits out yet.

I can't remember the last time I played a game on my computer -

Any of you spending some time killing pigs, soaring through space, matching candy or trying to outwit an ogre or two on your mobile device?

Till about ten years ago I had been playing a LOT of cards for quite some time on a particular site, using my laptop or home machine but nothing mobile.

Got to know a few people surprisingly well over there, what with the live chat and all. Heh, then you see how gooda banterer you are. Sigh, the place is long gone.

Martin

Clash of Clans in my case, as a lover of age of empires games type this little mobile game is simply a hard drug for me, haha. If not, a simple pinball simulator game is enough for me to spend a few minutes of boring.

Cheers

Patience and Candy Crush for 5 mins to kill on the phone - Though CC is a love hate thing; love the game hate the heavy handed monetising shit.
Full fat Windows Tablet - Flow Free very therapeutic.

Otherwise PC all the way!.

Still playing The walking dead no man's land.

In app purchases are available, but have made it to lvl 10 in nightmare mode with no money changing hands, so looking like they will not be getting a penny from me.

I have a seriously addictive part of my somewhat distorted mental make-up (I'm one of those 1 in 4) so I avoid click-click games as much as possible.

However, I've been hoodwinked into playing Criminal Case, which has a mobile variant linked to ones Facebook account. I'm trying to break that addiction with moderate success.

Other than that, I'm hooked on Words With Friends (Android / iOS , Windows App Store links) and am very happy to join any of you for a game (my user id is, predictable tomj777 - not sure if that's case sensitive so keep it lower). I'm good with that hook.

I dabble with a chess game (badly these days, concentration impaired), Carcassonne (badly), Machinarium and The Room (both 1 & 2).

For relaxation, I use ArtRage (an art app rather than a game: I have a Note 4 and love the stylus with this) and something called Osmos HD.

And, as @PLANofMAN so elegantly said, a gambling game known as eBay.

Back
Top Bottom