Mongoose B3 Satin Razor

Well mate I was seriously considering one until Purbeck put his Mongoose in the bst. For now the 'goose has blown me away. I'm happy to give it pride of place in my den.

@Holyzeus OK, you were right. As effective as my cobra but as smooth as the mongoose. Not impressed with the kronos handle though, the knurling is sharp like a cheap Rocnel and the thread is grainy in operation like burrs are still present. The head though is a thing of beauty.

How does it compere to the Claymore Purbeck?
Much more efficient but equal in smooth feeling. I did three passes with each, both with a fresh feather pro, the ATT didn't really need the third pass, the Claymore needed all three and some touch ups to get totally smooth. ATT has a smaller head so is a little more manoeuvrable under the nose. Build quality isn't a fair fight as it's twice the price of the Claymore. I prefer polished razors too.
Not sure you could use the ATT every day like you can with a light touch with the goose. Definitely a case of YMMV as I can see the ATT being too aggressive for some.

Thanks for that. I'm still as delighted with the Mongoose as you are with the ATT. Glad you are happy with it mate.
The ATT is just what I was looking for and what I hoped the Claymore would be, half way between my cobra which can be a bit too aggressive and the mongoose which I found too mild unless I used super blades.
Sounds like you have found your perfect razor too. :)

Back
Top Bottom