Mongoose B3 Satin Razor

Just tried a feather pro, admittedly I was rushing as my 8 month only decided she wanted to help daddy instead of playing in the bath as usual. I found the result again irritation free and very smooth but again not as close as I expected. 3 passes and touch ups and there is still missed areas. I think the problem is my lather being too thick and poor quality added to rushed prep. I'll try some musgo real oak tomorrow with a feather super and relax. I'm sure there is an excellent razor in there somewhere but so far I'm still undecided.
Tonight was P&B spitfire, a fresh feather pro and i thought I'd try face lathering.
The result was a 3 pass smooth as silk shave with no irritation and sublime BBS. Face now tingling with Bvulgari Black. What a difference ! Very impressed.

Great write up nick_s. I enjoyed it so much I bought the company (well Purbecks Mongoose) My first shave with it tonight and everything you said is true. I started with a Feather Light blade mounted. Nice shave indeed. Two pass and just a tad of touch up on the jawline ATG. A little rough with that particular blade however, not bad just I know I have had a blade on my face if you know what I mean? No redness or anything. Purbeck was nice enough to give me a selection so I have a few to go at to try to find the blade for me. I have a few Feathers and Kai's to try.
The size didn't bother me. One thing did surprise me and that was the handle. I had convinced myself it would be too long and that I wouldn't like it but nonsense I love it.
I look forward to getting the different blades in it.

Great write up nick_s. I enjoyed it so much I bought the company (well Purbecks Mongoose) My first shave with it tonight and everything you said is true. I started with a Feather Light blade mounted. Nice shave indeed. Two pass and just a tad of touch up on the jawline ATG. A little rough with that particular blade however, not bad just I know I have had a blade on my face if you know what I mean? No redness or anything. Purbeck was nice enough to give me a selection so I have a few to go at to try to find the blade for me. I have a few Feathers and Kai's to try.
The size didn't bother me. One thing did surprise me and that was the handle. I had convinced myself it would be too long and that I wouldn't like it but nonsense I love it.
I look forward to getting the different blades in it.

I bet you do buy another razor at some point no matter what you say, you can only hold off for so long

Nope mate. I've finally realised that razors can only do so much. They are expensive blade carriers and that is all. I have my att's. An Injector and an SE. Nothing new coming out will do anything different than what I have. They will just continue to copy each others designs and like Golf clubs claim that each new one will do better tgan the last and do you know what? They won't.

Nope mate. I've finally realised that razors can only do so much. They are expensive blade carriers and that is all. I have my att's. An Injector and an SE. Nothing new coming out will do anything different than what I have. They will just continue to copy each others designs and like Golf clubs claim that each new one will do better than the last and do you know what? They won't.
Not impressed with the Mongoose then ? I do get what you mean though and am drastically reducing my razor horde. Once my cull is complete I'll have two SE's, two DE's, One adjustable injector, One birthdate Slim adjustable and the Leaf Razor which I'm not sure what category it fits, I still think seven razors is excessive.

Nope mate. I've finally realised that razors can only do so much. They are expensive blade carriers and that is all. I have my att's. An Injector and an SE. Nothing new coming out will do anything different than what I have. They will just continue to copy each others designs and like Golf clubs claim that each new one will do better tgan the last and do you know what? They won't.
Which SE? The ATT beats the Goose

No Purbeck. The contrary I'm delighted with the Mongoose. I don't need another SE as I love the Goose. I don't need another DE as I have the ATT's Nothing will do anything better than what I now own. That is what I meant.

No Purbeck. The contrary I'm delighted with the Mongoose. I don't need another SE as I love the Goose. I don't need another DE as I have the ATT's Nothing will do anything better than what I now own. That is what I meant.
Fair enough - I'm on a similar journey. Started with a cheap weishi and now have a one off Gold and Black Cobra Classic and an ATT SE1, a Blackbird and soon a Timeless OC. If anything ever beats these it will be by such a small margin it's not worth the outlay. Although I am intrigued by the OneBlade...
Maybe this is what is meant by saving money by using DE's - once you have the absolute top end razors you finally stop spending (apart from soaps, creams and blades)

And as i said, i thought that till i got the SE1.
I had two Gooses and didn't think anything would touch them, the SE1 is better in every way but you chose to ignore my post

Back
Top Bottom